Seeking TIP Information

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I have done a fairly intensive search but am unable to find the exact answer I need , so apologies for going over what is probably old ground.

When fitting a TIP there seems to be 2 versions , 1 has an aluminium boss on the end and one doesnt.

Which is the correct for my LCR BAM engine ? and do they come with all the fitting's needed (as in adapters to connect the various pipes and hoses , I understand I will need relevant jubilee clips which I have by the dozens)

I am trying to understand that if I get a TIP what other bits do I need (especially as my rear brake/hand brake repairs came in much cheaper than I was expecting :))

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I have done a fairly intensive search but am unable to find the exact answer I need , so apologies for going over what is probably old ground.

When fitting a TIP there seems to be 2 versions , 1 has an aluminium boss on the end and one doesnt.

Which is the correct for my LCR BAM engine ? and do they come with all the fitting's needed (as in adapters to connect the various pipes and hoses , I understand I will need relevant jubilee clips which I have by the dozens)

I am trying to understand that if I get a TIP what other bits do I need (especially as my rear brake/hand brake repairs came in much cheaper than I was expecting :))

Speak with Bill @ Badger5 as he sells both versions and can advise accordingly. He has his own section on here.:)

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
dont buy a forge one, they are small at the turbo end

The one on the left is a badger 5 v3, you can notice the size difference, i think its £140 from bill, or you can get a sfs tip for &120

These are better than the billet adaptor ones, as it's just one jubilee clip holding it onto the turbo, where the billet ones can pop off and need sealing with silicone

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
dont buy a forge one, they are small at the turbo end

The one on the left is a badger 5 v3, you can notice the size difference, i think its £140 from bill
These are better than the billet adaptor ones, as it's just one jubilee clip holding it onto the turbo, where the billet ones can pop off and need sealing with silicone

Not better than billet v2.2 and the hose does'nt come off if fitted properly ;)
V3 is simpler to fit both v2.2 and V3 give good gains, but the billet original version remains the best flowing with seamless internal flow path.

He would be happy with either, which come with all required Quality JC Clamps required

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
i have a v1 on mine currently bill, is it worth upgrading to v2.2 or v3?

Rickycupra

Dec 31, 2012
Yeovil
Bugger, that is quite a difference actually. All hoses on mine are forge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i have a v1 on mine currently bill, is it worth upgrading to v2.2 or v3?

V1 was 3" outside dimension, they are all now 80mm Inside dimension which is a decent upsize in cross sectional area for flow

I doubt you will see the same gains again as it did over std or normal sized tips, but they are the highest flowing ones now.

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Steer clear of the forge. When I got my LCR mapped my power curve stopped dead at 255bhp because the TIP was limiting boost. I was told to get a badger5 TIP and then the curve would continue to around 280bhp without even changing the map again. I was surprised how much of a difference it made when I put it on....

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
or the original large bore one ;)

V2.2 billet stylee (£159) or silicon hose only style (£135.70) - inc vat & delivery

all info in badger5 section.

jonny.92

Jun 3, 2014
I recently bought a LCR '05 and mine appears to have an Autobahn88 TIP fitted. Does anyone have experience with these?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Hi Bill,

I did email your work email address asking for a paypal invoice but have heard nothing , also I understand that delivery times for these are quite long ?, I was hoping to get one early next week .

or the original large bore one ;)

V2.2 billet stylee (£159) or silicon hose only style (£135.70) - inc vat & delivery

all info in badger5 section.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Shiney Shiney, now to fit it !

SFS_zpsdfbcab22.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.