Polybush Vs. Powerflex

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
morning guys,

I'm wanting to replace the wishbone bushes and rear bush on my '05 LCR.
Does anyone know the difference between Polybush and Powerflex, besides the cost and colour? Are the Polybush's any softer/harder? Any advantages of fitting one over the other?

Cheers,

Andy

Barrows2005

Powerflex i believe are made better and last longer but thats just what ive heard im sure somebody will have experience with both.

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
Its 6 and two 3s tbh. I've used all 3 on numerous cars and neither of them failed and performed well, but I tend to favour powerflex (its what I've put on my wishbones on my LCR).

Last edited:

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Powerflex in my opinion there easier to fit too but id not do the rear console bushes id get the uprated audi tt cupra r ones for there but all rest I Powerflexd with good results

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Just stating my preference a did alot of reading and people said it made car abit stiff and ride abit hard I did all mine except consoles which a went soild rubber ones from the audi tt cupra r lowered by 20mm front and back and it handles good for what it is

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I used spherical bearing instead of a rear bush in the wishbone and it rides better than it used to with poly or OE as it can rotate instead of flexing

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Sorry im on about a diesel fr youve got a lcr so a wouldnt really know whats best but there all alright and made to last and as the last post stats, what hes got sounds decent

Uzzy-

Sep 6, 2013
Huddersfield
Superpro bushes are supposed to be one of the better ones. We sell loads where I work. People usually buy the powerflex ones for engine mount bushes and dog bone bushes. Various different cars I'm talking about not just lcr's. Heard superpro bushes do make a hell of a difference though

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Superpro bushes are supposed to be one of the better ones. We sell loads where I work. People usually buy the powerflex ones for engine mount bushes and dog bone bushes. Various different cars I'm talking about not just lcr's. Heard superpro bushes do make a hell of a difference though

Damnit, so I need to contemplate to swap all the Powerflex bushes by SuperPro now ;) Are there any conclusive tests out there?

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
If youve already powerflexd id not change to super just for the sake off it read the forums theres no best yea peeps seam to go with super more you can change the angle with rear consoles with super aswell check there web site to see what a mean but other than that id say powerflex easier to fit but can come apart. Super harder to fit and harder all together as all one unit. Both have lifetime warranties and are good for road so id spend ya money on a rear arb or sommet diff. Just my opinion m8 a need to get my posts up aswell lol

Last edited:

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Rosso mate are you from Wheatley? A know a greavesy from there a think or it might of been balby?

rorz7370

Jun 9, 2014
Small world lol what leon have you got is it black 1m1 same as mine? Seen one about. Am away at are lasses at min jus cleaning egr valve to go on mine but if u ever need to use a vcds when am about just giz a message mate

MooRzy

May 23, 2011
Manchester
I have the poly bush ones in and cant complain at all. mush better than standard. I even have a spare set for pressed wishbones.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.