Buying a FR184 - what do i need to konw

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
Going to look at a couple of ex demo 184's tomorrow, what do I need to know / look out for??

What are the service intervals on them?

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
Service intervals 20k I think, I won't do near as much as that but will get it done annually. £20 rfl. If it ex demo it should be all OK and still have plenty of warranty.
Got mine from Letchworth autoway not far from cambs. They've always got plenty of stock.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
They've got a couple in at the minute that look to be basically new - but want over £20k for them! They do have one that looks like a demo that they want bob on 20 for, but it's black and having had 2 Mk2 black Leons thinking i'm going to get white this time.

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Just keep in mind any ex demo cars have probably been thrashed to hell and back so if you like it make sure you get a good deal.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Look out for ex-press cars, reg starts with K or O

They have been thrashed a little but will have been maintained well and will have all the kit on them

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Look out for ex-press cars, reg starts with K or O

They have been thrashed a little but will have been maintained well and will have all the kit on them

Mine starts with an O was still at Seat UK in Milton Keynes when I bought so was that a press car ?

They said it was being driven by a finance director and it is fully loaded :D

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Mine starts with an O was still at Seat UK in Milton Keynes when I bought so was that a press car ?

They said it was being driven by a finance director and it is fully loaded :D

PM me the reg I will look if it was a press car or finance director ;)

I know the finance director so could ask

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
Take care with ex Seat UK cars, a lot of them are rental cars and not driven by finance director etc. I had an enterprise rental that had seat UK number plates and a reg starting KR. However, I doubt a 184 would be a rental.

Last edited:

JamMonkey

Mar 9, 2008
Cheshire
I've seen FR rentals from Enterprise. Had one parked in your street a few weeks back i white one.
I believe all registered Demo's have to be kept by the dealer for three months minimum. That's what i was told when we we're looking at ibiza FR's.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
Just picked it up, it's an "OU" reg. Sales man was saying that there are generally rentals and management cars that come from Seat - but generally the rentals have high ish mileage on them. Mine has less than 3000 and has most of the options - which is nice.

tardis56

What you need to know is if you add a DTUK tuning box, it will be better than a Cupra - I have driven both and the oooph in the diesel is more so I'd say plus you get oodles of mpg too. I know the Cupra has this and that and a revvy motor but the kick in the back with 375ftlbs is addictive.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just picked it up, it's an "OU" reg. Sales man was saying that there are generally rentals and management cars that come from Seat - but generally the rentals have high ish mileage on them. Mine has less than 3000 and has most of the options - which is nice.

Press car

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
What you need to know is if you add a DTUK tuning box, it will be better than a Cupra - I have driven both and the oooph in the diesel is more so I'd say plus you get oodles of mpg too. I know the Cupra has this and that and a revvy motor but the kick in the back with 375ftlbs is addictive.

HOw are you finding the tuning box and how many miles did you have on the car before buying it? Really tempted to get one but don't want to knacker my clutch or damage the engine if I put it on straight away (new car ordered) :lol:

tardis56

HOw are you finding the tuning box and how many miles did you have on the car before buying it? Really tempted to get one but don't want to knacker my clutch or damage the engine if I put it on straight away (new car ordered) :lol:

Had it since about 200 miles, just be sensible and it will be fine. Clutch isn't a problem as far as I know and 2700 miles in its still a brilliant bit of kit. Just been to Devon and on some steep hills it just flew up them, no drama just a bit of a smile on your face when you realise the amount of torque hauling you up.;)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham

Mines OU too was 6 months old with 2020 miles and loads options 3 months in and its about to hit 11000 :D