Subwoofer & Amp

gatf777

VAG does seem to have some very simple radio wiring and other wiring... If only my 1.2 had more power... it would be such a great car. I guess the cupra and FR models are brilliant to drive.

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Well I have not driven Cupra yet but drove the 140hp ACT and it was quite nippy for an eco model. I think the Cupra will not be fast like my old mapped Octavia vRS but much more throwable car.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Remember using high level inputs you are amplifying the distortion produced by the head unit's amp and are also plagued by it's frequency response characteristics...

Last edited:

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Remember using high level inputs you are amplifying the distortion produced by the head unit's amplifier...

Yeah, but I'm not trying to make it a real hifi system. I got one of those at home. In car I jut want a bit more punch and low down power to feel the music. Nothing too big and loud, just some basic compact extra bass/real subwoofer.

Last edited:

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland

Thanks for that. Yours is a bit different but the basics are the same. I just dont have to worry about powercables etc, my problem is the signals but if that extension fits my car I will have it so easy that I cant even believe it. Hardest part being able to remove the radios plastic front in one piece and without scraches (I think its going to be black piano gloss so quite easy to scratch) to uncover those torx-screws.

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
I bought some trim remover tools off amazon for about 11.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PIECE-CAR-T...8&qid=1402488954&sr=8-3&keywords=trim+remover
They don't scratch plastic like screwdrivers do... but they might scratch the piano black gloss.

Hey, you dont happen to have any pics about how to the trim is supposed to be removed. What way its supposed to pop out and in what places its secured?

Oh and I have plastic trim removers in order. Learned my lesson a long time ago about using metallic trim removers :whistle:. And happily I can get a full set for like 5eur.

EDIT: Oh, and does battery disconnect have any unwanted effects in the car like in some BMW:s do have?

Last edited:

gatf777

:p
errrmm... I had http://photo.netcarshow.com/Seat-Ibiza_2009_photo_c2.jpg stereo..

From what i can remember, there's one or two either side, two at the bottom which are easy to remove, and then two at the top which are difficult to remove.

trim remover underneath it to pop them out, a bit of wiggling should do it. two at the side also then pop out, and I just used a bendy torx or at the right angle, a normal torx and removed it like that.

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Ok. Just bought a Hertz DBA200.3. It's not much but should be good for my purposes. One 8" main driver and two 8" passive elements and really small size but quite big sound for so small "sub". Now I just need the car itself.

Last edited:

jimboy

Jun 4, 2014
sheffield
Well all the subs that I´m considering have high level inputs but I´d rather use RCA because it does not take interference that easily. And Seat ones dont need any special tools other than possibly torx :blink:? Well now that I think of it neither did Skodas. That will be one easy install compared to some that I have done :D.

By the way, that extension cable is an excellent idea. No harm done to stock cables and easy to remove when needed. Does that spesific one work with Ibizas newer model radio? If it does I will order it right away and use it to cut the cables.

And double din is not an option for me. I have SPS, parking sensors etc and I´d like to keep as stock as possible inside. Sub is an easy install and easy to remove without a trace especially now that the battery is in the boot.

I´ll be getting my Cupra by the end of the next month so I have time to order bits and pieces and have them ready for install when I get the car.

do just cupras have them in boot then as mines in engine bay first thing i checked when care got home as looking at putting a sub in

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
I dont remember was it after the facelift but all 1.4tsi's have the battery in boot.

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Oh, and does anyone know does the battery removal cause any problems other than the code entry to radio? Just wondering that I would not want to put the solderin iron next to live wires.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Oh, and does anyone know does the battery removal cause any problems other than the code entry to radio? Just wondering that I would not want to put the solderin iron next to live wires.

The code on the radio is now built in to the car.

When you connect the battery again - the radio talks to the cars ECU and checks that the radio belongs to the car.

This is why you need to have a new OEM radio coded to the car.

Oh - yes - you will need to re-activate the one shot windows - dissconnecting the battery seems to cancel that function

Last edited:

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
The code on the radio is now built in to the car.

When you connect the battery again - the radio talks to the cars ECU and checks that the radio belongs to the car.

This is why you need to have a new OEM radio coded to the car.

Oh - yes - you will need to re-activate the one shot windows - dissconnecting the battery seems to cancel that function

But no warning lights or fault codes when removing the battery (some cars need to be reprogrammed after battery removal, I hope Seat is not like that)?

And yes, the window thing is the same with almost all the cars and is easy to do.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
But no warning lights or fault codes when removing the battery (some cars need to be reprogrammed after battery removal, I hope Seat is not like that)?

And yes, the window thing is the same with almost all the cars and is easy to do.

None that I have ever seen - and my battery has been out of the car a few times now.

Make sure any airbag plugs have been re-connected BEFORE you re-connect the battery
( you need to unplug airbag plugs to remove front seats and some parts of the dash )

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
None that I have ever seen - and my battery has been out of the car a few times now.

Make sure any airbag plugs have been re-connected BEFORE you re-connect the battery
( you need to unplug airbag plugs to remove front seats and some parts of the dash )

Ok, great and thanks for the info. Why would I be removing the seats :blink:? All I plan to do is to remove the radio, solder some wiring, put the radio back and run the speaker wires from the radio to the boot. The subwoofer amp is going to get connected to battery in the boot so its easy easy install on that front.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Ok, great and thanks for the info. Why would I be removing the seats :blink:? All I plan to do is to remove the radio, solder some wiring, put the radio back and run the speaker wires from the radio to the boot. The subwoofer amp is going to get connected to battery in the boot so its easy easy install on that front.

I found it easier to remove a seat so I had full access to the sill cover wher all the wires run.
If you have small hands it may not be an issue.

I also took the seats out to fit the under seat storage boxes that I bought ( because the glove box is too small )

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
I found it easier to remove a seat so I had full access to the sill cover wher all the wires run.
If you have small hands it may not be an issue.

I also took the seats out to fit the under seat storage boxes that I bought ( because the glove box is too small )

Small hands and long fingres come in handy in more than one place :D. I would not think its a problem, plus if mine wont fit, my GF´s will fit. And as the speakercable is not so thick its easy to install. It´s a different story when you try to put heavy heavy powercable throught places its not supposed to fit and go throught.

jimboy

Jun 4, 2014
sheffield
sorry to keep gate crashing this thread but rear speakers even though i have some are shocking sound like they have already blown at 5 months old... are they the same speakers that are in the front as might claim on warranty if they are.... ????