LCR strut brace

Rickycupra

Dec 31, 2012
Yeovil
Can any one confirm 261461557794 on EBay will fit the mk1 LCR?

Or any other alternative. Prefer a straight fit option as I'm lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Why ?

If anything, if you take a thump that deforms the suspension turret, you want the strutbrace to fail before it writes-off you're other suspension turret too :confused:

Rickycupra

Dec 31, 2012
Yeovil
That's half the price what they are asking on eBay. How did you find the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Because if its not strong enough in compression it could buckle or distort , which could coause the strut tops to move which would not be good.

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying no to aluminium I would want to know what grade it is first.

Why ?

If anything, if you take a thump that deforms the suspension turret, you want the strutbrace to fail before it writes-off you're other suspension turret too :confused:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Ive done some work on a car with one of these fitted and without sounding harsh I thought it was dog shite
It flexed so much from any weight or manipulating, an s3 one is only about a tenner more too

irf

Feb 5, 2014
If it's not stiff what's the point? Or am I missing it?

Had a 3 point strut brace on my previous car, that was goood.

Anyone got the neuspeed one?

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
If it's not stiff what's the point? Or am I missing it?

Had a 3 point strut brace on my previous car, that was goood.

Anyone got the neuspeed one?

the A3 ones will fit and taking corners is pretty well,as compared to removing it your notice the difference straight away.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27e5a14d3e

there was a place up stoke that had a few that works on vags and parts

picture.php

Last edited: