Cupra bumper number plate fixings

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
I currently have the cupra number plate surround on my front and rear bumpers but am beginning to think the front one looks a bit big and frumpy. I can see the holder is stuck on with pads, but are there holes for the standard plate to screw in, or does the standard plate also stick on? The holder doesn't wrap around the bumper, it is straight so it flaps about at the edges, does the standard plate bend around?
This is how it looks now, a bit too big. The back one looks ace, it's just the front one I am doubting!

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
I believe the front bumper has a square recess that sits in front of the bumper. Best picture I could find to hand was this one (ignore the cooling holes...)

dsc-9570.jpg

Roffel

Dutch Newbie
Jan 6, 2011
Netherlands
www.teamibiza.net
Indeed.
Some cars (like a Touareg) have 17" steelies as spare wheel.
Maybe they used one of those.
Here in the Netherlands there is a Golf mk5 on 18" steelies (with the yellow subscription 50MPH or 80KM/H :))

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
They look like 16s to me. I'd guess they had 10mm spacers on to be as close to the arch as they are

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Tried looking and no 17" full size steelies exist with PCD 5x100. I'm going to agree with FR_MATT they used spacers.

Last edited:

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
16's won't fit over the callipers though will they? Even with spacers is there enough clearance?
( Not arguing with you guys here, just interested in some for winter :) )

Last edited:

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
We are having a meet down here is Stoke on Saturday (look under Midlands meets) but it's too far for you to travel.

Have you not got a full size spare?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members