Lew's TD06 60-1 LCR Build 420 BHP

Stuieuieuieo

that thing looks amazing! guessing it takes a lot of money to get that kinda power from a LCR?

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
that thing looks amazing! guessing it takes a lot of money to get that kinda power from a LCR?

Not really mate, it depends how you want to look at it. You can do the build 'properly', as in buy genuine parts, and replace a lot of the standard parts so there's less chance of things going wrong, or you can just buy cheap chinese parts and you can expect it to be unreliable and break all the time lol.

But some of my friends are using chinese turbos, head work ect.. And haven't really had any problems yet.

If you want to save money you can get a cheap chinese turbo and manifold/downpipe setup and still produce good power, I'd recommend genuine parts for headwork and everything else though. But me being me, EVERYTHING has to be genuine :D

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
How do you find your blueflame decat turboback setup handles the power, I have the same system but run the 100 cell cat but am going to change to decat to hopefully get some more ponies.

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
How do you find your blueflame decat turboback setup handles the power, I have the same system but run the 100 cell cat but am going to change to decat to hopefully get some more ponies.

Yeah, really well mate. I wouldn't change it for another exhaust, sound is spot on, not too loud, and still pops and bangs a lot.

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
Been busy getting parts recently:

phossdo.jpg

ssa.jpg

All the parts with be fitted this weekend and next.

Parts to be fitted:

WMI
Exhaust valves, springs, retainers
TD06-60-1
Weld screamer pipe on manfold
38mm tial mvs external wastegate
3" Custom Catback exhaust system, with oval tailpipe
AEM AFR Gauge

More to come soon hopefully..

And then in for mapping on the 26th April :D

Last edited:

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
I've updated the thread with more Picts and info, just waiting for it to be mapped now :)

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
Hi, Nice spec, is this still for sale on swapz? sorry of ive missed it but what clutch is it running?
Thanks

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
Looks good, not too many forged 1.8T's about at the moment.
If its still for sale in a couple of weeks i'll be in touch :)
GLWS

Last edited:

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
Looks good, not too many forged 1.8T's about at the moment.
If its still for sale in a couple of weeks i'll be in touch :)
GLWS

Thanks, and you better be quick because I'll be breaking in 2 weeks if not,