Servicing Recommendations Please?

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Hey Guys

My car:

Seat Leon Cupra Tdi 150bhp standard around 200bhp.

I'm just after a few recommendations from the site about giving my car a full service oil, fuel & all the usual stuff. Just going to put down a few bullets point down get straight to the point :)

* Should I do an engine flush?
* Best engine flush (Grease lightening)?
* Best oil semi synthetic or synthetic? What's the difference?
* Best Oil (Opie)?
* Best Fuel treatment?

Oil filters, fuel filters, air filters I'm pretty sure I know which ones to get but seeing what people recommend.

Thanks for the advice in advance

Runnerpart2

Last edited:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Engine flush shouldn't be needed if car has been regularly serviced. Plus im not keen on lifting up muck from the engine and flushing around the engine incase it blocks up oil ports ect plus the last time i used it on my sister-in-laws car it caused the bottom crank seal to start leaking and i never used it since.
Any good fully synthetic oil rated by vw 505.01 or 507 will be fine be for the pd engines. Many used genuine vw oil. Personally I just use what ever is on special offer at the time last lot is used was eurocarparts triple fully synthetic.
Semi synthetic is a blend of fully synthetic and mineral oil so the quality isnt as good as fully synthetic.

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
No flush

Best oil would be anything that meets - vw505.01, vw506.01 or the latest vw 507.00.

Best fuel treatment is millers eco max.

Genuine fuel filter and oil filter.
Mann or fram air filter or buy a honda s2000 cone from eurocarparts

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Proper oils, Castrol 5W40 TD, Kendall or Shell Helix, just buy a proper brand that meets the VW specs (like Adam4D says).

Fuel filter and oil filter, something like Mann or Knecht or something.

Air filter: Mann

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.