Renault breaks SEAT's ring record...by building a race car

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Spent the best part of 15 years working within the vw group circle, all 6 of the major brands. I'm well aware of their sieve-like attributes! :lol:

What's scary is £100,000 bentleys still suffer the same silly design flaws as £10,000 fabias!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh they are tbh but oh well one of them things.. the other stuff like technology,DSG etc is what I wanted

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Out of interest do you think its because VAG think most people would like the heated seat option with buckets? I was under the impression that Recaros aren't usually heated so have VAG have compromised by making their own bucket like seat with heating elements?

Mar 13, 2011
I really think the new Cupra seats are a let down compared to the Mk2 ones

This is true and I was initially disappointed. However, on the upside the standard seats are very comfortable, have lumbar support and (I think) active head restraints. It is a bit irritating to lose those features and pay extra for the privilege for seats which look a bit more sporty.

Own goal IMO.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
doesn't remove the AC so I'm my view its not a production car

still a very very good car thou and i would have one

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Cupra 280 Performance Pack review.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/leon/87465/seat-leon-cupra-sc-280-performance-pack-review

Have a look at this folks. Only 30 Ring Meganes will be coming to UK.

What a FAIL from SEAT in my opinion regarding this pack. All good and well with the bigger discs, brembo brakes and adjustable dampers with semi slicks.........WHAT ABOUT THE RECAROS???!!!!! These should be standard as far as i am concerned on the PP especially if they want you to fork out an additional 2.5K :wtf:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
What a FAIL from SEAT in my opinion regarding this pack. All good and well with the bigger discs, brembo brakes and adjustable dampers with semi slicks.........WHAT ABOUT THE RECAROS???!!!!! These should be standard as far as i am concerned on the PP especially if they want you to fork out an additional 2.5K :wtf:
I dont think it is a fail at all. 2k for side skirts, brakes and new alloys is a decent deal.

I dont see how the seats got any relevance to the PP.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I dont think it is a fail at all. 2k for side skirts, brakes and new alloys is a decent deal.

I dont see how the seats got any relevance to the PP.

Because they should be fitted as far as i am concerned. Like i said, it's just my opinion but i feel for the price of this car if you're going to chuck another 2.5K at it then they should have the Recaros as standard too.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Because they should be fitted as far as i am concerned. Like i said, it's just my opinion but i feel for the price of this car if you're going to chuck another 2.5K at it then they should have the Recaros as standard too.
Thing is, no other manufacturer offers seats as part of a performance pack or any kind?

The argument of cost can be applied to 99% of all cars tbh. My S4 has the supersport bucket seats, that was an extra, my Porsche has the upgraded seats again that is an extra.

If I wanted to get powerpack for my Porsche that would cost me 6k and doesn't include Seats. When i was considering a megane, their bucket seats are not standard, they are an optional extra.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain

Not everyone would want them.

There are some very fat people around who would just not fit.

I had the sports seats on a Porsche once and a young lady passenger had to be almost tyre levered out of them.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Not everyone would want them.

There are some very fat people around who would just not fit.

I had the sports seats on a Porsche once and a young lady passenger had to be almost tyre levered out of them.

Im hardly small and I managed to fit in the Cupracer seat's so "road" buckets will be fine

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise