My Silver K1 & Track 172 Cup

Not messing about are ya! Good to see some videos o this soon ;)

Haaha this is slow compared to berg lol.

There's a lot I need to sort for mot which I didn't realise at first which is holding me and the cash flow up. Trying to pay off me holiday aswell.

Wanted all this sorted and buckets and cage in by August but doubt it'll happen :(

Once I've put it back together it's getting good thrashing tho :)

more work happening tomoz aswell :)

Just a type r mate, nout special, just a track toy

So far just a badass handling package and a full cage [B)]

What size hole saw you used on your rear bumper? need some of that haha

JUST a 200bhp track car with full handling package and full cage ;) haha

We'll go for another B road blast once there both setup haha

The middle one is 73 and the outer ones are 68mm. I've nearly finished the front bumper aswell you can borrow the hole saw if ya need mate :)

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Coming together now. What else you got left to do before you get her on the road?
Berg, wouldnt mind seeing the type r ;) show us a pic of the cage. Im sure chambers wont mind :)

Did more on the car tonight

got the PureMotorSport linkage all set up :) mine was hitting the lambda sensor in 4th and 5th, hitting the tunnel in 5th, 1st and reverse. All sorted now tho which is good. Seat position with the steering wheel closer and the gear stick closer really makes a difference :)

anyway few pics of the linkage

with that done I whipped the track rod ends off and steering boots off to find the inner tie arms completely knackered. Just gotta get me tool to undo them.

also ripped out the carbon can

also pulled some of the interior out guessing most of it's been out before as there clips broken screws missing and things generally not put together well lol.
Will try and get more work done Thursday night :)

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
mate this is amazing, good progress buddy.

Did you weight it before you started ? Be interesting to see how much you have shed. This will be a weapon.

mate this is amazing, good progress buddy.

Did you weight it before you started ? Be interesting to see how much you have shed. This will be a weapon.

Thanks mate, nah didn't weigh it lol I'll get it weight eventually. How much does your track machine weigh?

I agree sean, superb progress, will be a track tool for sure once Dan has finish messing with it ;-)

Haha thanks bud, never can stop messing that's the problem haha

Whip inner track ends out last night. So easy when you've got the tight tools for the job.

There proper knacker. Got some new ones from work so will whip them on soon along with a new drive shaft as the inner joint in the drivers side is knackered.

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
Thanks mate, nah didn't weigh it lol I'll get it weight eventually. How much does your track machine weigh?

Yeah its always nice to know what weight you get down to, and compare it to the book weight. Although when you start weighing it, you will get crazy anal and start cutting the dial needles in half and things lol haha :p

The Westie is 570kg mate

Yeah its always nice to know what weight you get down to, and compare it to the book weight. Although when you start weighing it, you will get crazy anal and start cutting the dial needles in half and things lol haha :p

The Westie is 570kg mate

Yeah that's true. I've already eyed up the brackets I'll be cutting off haha. And plan to cut the spare wheel well out and have a 182 flat floor welded in :)

Changed the drive shaft and inner joints tonight.

Drive shaft boots were falling apart and had been bodge (like most things on this little clio) with cable ties which had let all the grease out lol.

Knackered boot and famous cable ties

Old one

New one in with the inner tie rods aswell.

Tomoz I'll be back under it taking the wishbones off as I've ordered some pretty impressive looking wishbones :)

Did abit tonight

Fitted new steering boots

And removed the wishbones ready for the new ones :D

Powerflex bushes only been fit since April ;)

Also went abit mad with an angel grinder and chopped abit of the crash bar out, need to tidy the bar up now lol

Last edited:
Fitted some new wipers as mine where totally gone.

as I didn't get in the garage till half nine I decided not to turn the angel grinder on and cut the crash bar out slightly, instead I pulled the interior out :) well most of it.

bloody filthy lol. Will need some tlc to get how I want it.

All of the interior when in the boot of my K1 :) helped tidy things nicely