Would you buy a Mk5 cupra?

Dave.B

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago i found a nice mk5 cupra for sale at a main dealers local to me, really nice car, drove really well, 30k miles, 11 reg, june 2011 registered, full service history etc. obviously been looked after by previous owner, even had a couple of "seatcupra.net" stickers on it.

At the time i hadn't done a huge amount of research so i put a £100 deposit on the car, got the finance and everything sorted and im due to pick it up on the 30th....however, ive been reading of the oil consumption/piston ring/cylinder bore issues and it appears to be a big problem and a big worry to a lot of people! its obvious the previous owner had decided to get rid of the car as soon as the 3yr warranty was up.....so can people give me their opinions...should i go ahead and buy the car? or give it a miss?#

The dealer did offer me a 36month warranty as i had every intention of modding the car which would void it, so decided not to go ahead.

Cheers

WaspyJoe

May 30, 2014
Well, it depends what modding you are doing really. For example, dropping it 30mm isn't going to invalidate the warranty on your engine. Providing the warranty is from someone reputable anyway.

However I wouldn't buy a Pre-FL version as I think it looks dated already. If you have any fears, I would go for it. It's a car, you want to make sure it's right.

Dave.B

Well, it depends what modding you are doing really. For example, dropping it 30mm isn't going to invalidate the warranty on your engine. Providing the warranty is from someone reputable anyway.

However I wouldn't buy a Pre-FL version as I think it looks dated already. If you have any fears, I would go for it. It's a car, you want to make sure it's right.

I was looking at doing: coilovers, exhaust, FMIC remap so i would have thought the warranty would be void.

does anyone know where i stand with regards to refusing the car? Am i allowed to cancel at this stage after having signed the finance etc.?

WaspyJoe

May 30, 2014
Definitely. You have even more comeback with it being a finance agreement. Anything credit related like this has a cooling off period of 14 day, or a month, I don't remember which. You can defiantly cancel if you only very recently signed for the credit.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.