Accessories

swoods

Feb 15, 2007
Kent
Hi, was just wondering what if any 'Dealer Fit' accessories people have gone for and are they worth it.

Going to get the mud flaps and protective boot lining on the new Leon, but would be interested to hear if these are worth it and if anyone has gone for other accessories like; side sills (illuminated or not), bumper guard/protection, etc.

Thanks!

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
I've got the boot liner in my ST. Works great when the boot floor is set high. When you lower the boot floor then it squashes the edges of the liner.
Not great for a SEAT product, but I would still recommend it for the protection offered.

EoinM

Have the mud flaps and boot liner on my hatch. The mud flaps are tiny - my main reason for them is to cut down on stone chips along the flanks.

The boot liner I like - carpet is pristine underneath considering my boot often is loaded with muddy gear.

swoods

Feb 15, 2007
Kent
Thanks... with a 4 year old daughter I want to do all I can to protect our car when it arrives... any other suggestions (apart from not letting her go in it) would be welcome.

JamMonkey

Mar 9, 2008
Cheshire
Hi

I had the boot liner and mudflaps and clear plastic piece added to the boot lip on my Mk2 Leon FR kit was £200.00

When i priced the same for the MK 3 it was close to £300

So i purchased this liner off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item258cf35a84

Along with a clear strip of 3m vinyl for about £5.00

I will be getting the mudflaps at some point but off ebay cheaper than stealers.

The above boot liner comes with free piece of carpet which is really good, you can't really tell its not the real thing and its £20.00 cheaper.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
The dealer I ordered my mk3 from offered a £400 pack that included boot liner and mudflaps and some other "valuable" stuff.

I passed.

Reckong you're better off buying simple stuff like that yourself later.

Blunteh

Apr 3, 2014
On the subject of accessories, has anyone bought seat covers ? I have a new baby arriving any day and a 10 year old to cart around, I want to make sure the kids don't wreck the seats...

Also is the Seat OEM roof rack the best to buy ? it's ~ £175 from dealers or online.. I can;t see an alternative that's much cheaper..

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
My dealer gave me a free bootliner and full tank of fuel, mats were already in it as it was ex demo(200miles only) I'm gutted I didn't push for mud flaps, I wasn't thinking and too excited. Just been qouted £87 a pair supplied and fitted.

EoinM

No, they're stupidly expensive. Got them as part of my deal but they're about €200 for four. My dealer mentioned that a lot of dealers were complaining to Seat about their cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Hmm, that's strange, I swear all Mk3 Leons come with mats included, mine certainly did

I got mine with 4k miles on the clock so probably been taken out before I bought it. Still got a really good deal so didnt mind buying mats myself.

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Leaving a car out of the forecourt without mats is shameful on the dealers part in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mats are standard, according to my dealer and all my past SEATs have had them, not Cupra or FR ones, just plain mats with the lugs to fit onto the floor. I usually haggle into my deal the better (Cupra) ones.:D

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I went for the sill guards (although not SEAT), mud flaps and boot liner (all SEAT and the last item FOC). Unlike others I went for the liner with reversible boot mat. It's great and has a non slip finish one side and carpet the other so stuff doesn't slip around. The previous BMW boot liner I had was quite slippery.

The sill guards are here

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SEAT-034-Bla...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and I have a spare set; if you are interested pm me.

I have also been researching phone holders after a relative was done for checking the traffic whilst stationery in the jam. Didn't look out of the side window until the blue lights came on :(

I don't like suction cups nor vent blockers and so ended up with the double sided grippy things cut to a circle to match the air con controls . This is stuck onto the cubby hole flap below the aircon. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members