Additional Brake Light Breaking/Cracking Problem

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
For about 1,5 months before the additional brake light at my leon was broken. I went to service and they said that somebody broke it while trying to steal. But in my opinion it was not related to stealing. I think it is about the build quality of the light. Anyway, they did not change it for free under warranty. I paid the fee and bought a new lamp. The pictures below are about this duration. I changed it myself.

At first:

ZN4bQk.jpg

While changing:

NVPvEk.jpg

After changing:

59J5YM.jpg

A2aR37.jpg

Everything was looking good. But today I realized that my new light has broken again. It is very annoying. Is there anybody who has opinion about this subject? Picture is below.

ZN4b9Z.jpg

Zix

Mar 31, 2014
I read about it on other forum. Guy's light broke after washing it with water under pressure.
I think it's **** quality, why would anyone want to steal it?

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
I read about it on other forum. Guy's light broke after washing it with water under pressure.
I think it's **** quality, why would anyone want to steal it?

Thanks very much for your input. It can be a reason for this situation also.

For example at the picture below, you can see very easily the damage of high pressure water pistol.

59J5NR.jpg

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Thats an odd one metomurti, gave mine a high pressure wash the other day, better have a shufty next out :D

It sits very much static, wonder if the shocks from shutting the boot cobined with a poor fitting have a bearing, not forgetting to add Zix's '**** quality' to the mix :shrug:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
The correct procedure is to slide a special tool from the outside under the top lip of the brake light between the carefully protected bodywork. The picture above shows the tangs that will be pressed down to release the light.
Don't try to go from the inside as the service department did when they were making a pigs ear of it. Actually that's unkind to the pig

amirplus33

May 21, 2014
Algiers
Morning all

dear metomurti, could you please guide me how to remove the additional Brake Light, mine is out of service (electrical fault) !

or if some one have the electrical scheam of lighting system (fuse , relay, ...)

thanks