What are they like to drive?

Ross01

Jun 20, 2014
Hello All,

Just put a deposit down on a CUPRA 1.8 T 2004 (53 REG). Really looking forward to getting it and having a proper drive. Really liked the shape so kind of bought it on impulse. Has 76k on the clock, cambelt and waterpump changed at 60k, decent service history etc.

Short drive on test so no idea what to expect, what are they like to drive?

Ross

Ross01

Jun 20, 2014
Well, picked the car up and it is great to drive. Never expected it to be so quick. It can be driven slowly also but ready to go at any time. I just bought it as a run around really. Sick of paying for a lease car, gone from a BMW 1 series to the Leon. Have ended up getting lots for my money in my view. Loads of power and a great looking car.

Getting taking the mick out of a bit as I'm nearly 40 and now being told I've got a boy racer car. Don't care though as it's loads of fun and I think it looks great!

It does have a couple of niggle's though which maybe someone can help with? The back windscreen wiper doesn't appear to work. I changed the fuse but no joy so guessing maybe the motor. Anybody know how to change one? I'm not particularly practical but may give it a go if it isn't too big a job. Anybody done that before?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Real Old Boy Racer

Well, picked the car up and it is great to drive. Never expected it to be so quick. It can be driven slowly also but ready to go at any time. I just bought it as a run around really. Sick of paying for a lease car, gone from a BMW 1 series to the Leon. Have ended up getting lots for my money in my view. Loads of power and a great looking car.

Getting taking the mick out of a bit as I'm nearly 40 and now being told I've got a boy racer car. Don't care though as it's loads of fun and I think it looks great!

It does have a couple of niggle's though which maybe someone can help with? The back windscreen wiper doesn't appear to work. I changed the fuse but no joy so guessing maybe the motor. Anybody know how to change one? I'm not particularly practical but may give it a go if it isn't too big a job. Anybody done that before?

You are still a pup, I'm nearly 60, and still have fast motor and bike, and no one takes the mick, when I leave them all in my dust. The grand kids love going out in my car as they think the engine sounds great, two more petrol heads growing up, and ones a girl.:D:):):)

Ross01

Jun 20, 2014
Great!! Good stuff, make me feel like a youngster!

Really enjoying the cupra, great car to drive. Handing back the overpriced BMW lease car for the 'run around' cupra which is soooo much better to drive. :D

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
makes me fell better. I'm 64 at christmas, just bought a 184FR and I soooo want to put TT steel pedals and footrest on it. And the 184 badge I just designed and ordered from Heko.
then I read about remaps coming available......it's all too much!
and my doctor tells me to switch to decall because of the blood pressure?
way to go, Seastormer!

Rob70

Well I'mm 44 mate and I love the leon.

Mines proper lairy looking aswell with full Cupra kit and 18" Cupra R alloys (150 TDI and getting remapped ;-) )

Who cares what people think, and who's to say what you should drive at any age.

As far as I'm concerned mate, we are down with the kids !!!! :p

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Ross01

Jun 20, 2014
Down with the kids, just the older kids! Reckon the 18" alloys will look good, you should post a picture?? Mine has the original 17 inch alloys that comes with the cupra. Has the body kit as its the mk1 facelift, also loud blue colour, looks great in my eyes! :) What sort of remap are you going with?

The 184FR and 64 years young, great :D

Few weeks into having the car now and really enjoying it. The wife also seems to be wanting to borrow it more and more, not too sure about that mind! Think she is realising it's much better to drive than her accord. Wait until I've swapped out the dump valve, replaced the hoses, upgraded the TIP and remapped it :D Can see this being addictive and costly!

Rob70

I've been in touch with Andrew from DTUK, they do thr digital tuning boxes and have rave reviews.
Should be looking at 190 to 195bhp and around 390nm.:cartman:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.