TIP Fitting??

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Ok guys i have my 3" (80mm) SFS TIP coming tomorrow.

Just wondered if anyone has any step by step fitting pics and a time scale for job.

Also is it easier from underneath or above.

I have seen the sticky under 'LEON MK1 FAQ'S' but just to see where these bolts are to remove water pipe etc are

d3m0niTe

LCR 225
Jun 21, 2010
Bromley, Kent
It's easy on an LCR, as there's no water pipes in the way. As JDUB has said, it's easiest from above.

I'd recommend a good set of cutters, to remove the one use clips on the OEM tip and a good torch, which will help when trying to unscrew the jubilee clip on the turbo.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Jumping in on this thread (if I may), How the hell do you get the clip off of the stock TIP on the turbo side ?, I have got all the other clips off except that one :thumbd:

demonic pete

Apr 1, 2013
leeds
Hardest part is removing the one use clips without damaging the rubber.I am pretty sure there is a tool out there for removing them, unfortunately for me i only had needle nose pliers a screw driver and harsh language.Once off though its super easy with the new jubilee clips to replace the tip.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
How do you remove the clips on the TIP currently and also if i get a R1TCHIE heatshield with aftermarket filter, does the MAF which screws to the airbox screw into the heatshield?

Mikey_Bling

Apr 25, 2013
Notts
Get some circlip pliers. Or failing that a flat headed screw driver. I fitted my TIP in ten minutes. Just dive in because it really is THAT easy.

d3m0niTe

LCR 225
Jun 21, 2010
Bromley, Kent
How do you remove the clips on the TIP currently and also if i get a R1TCHIE heatshield with aftermarket filter, does the MAF which screws to the airbox screw into the heatshield?

The clips on the tip are jubilee clips and VW one use clips.

Jubille clips are easy, you can unscrew them. The VW one use clips will need to be cut off.

The MAF will screw into your aftermarket cone filter. I used an extension, to push the filter closer to the wing.