MK3 Cupra - Help/Ideas?

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Hi guys, just about to pick up my MK3 Ibiza Cupra this week, and i was just wondering what are the main mods and what makes to do to it, EG; What intercooler to get? Suspension, Wheels, brakes, and things like that, ive got a mapper to map it once ready, was just wondering what parts I need as havent ever had a Cupra before, Also things like induction and simple things,

Any help would be appreciated,

Will

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Intercooler- best to get eithe toyosports or a universal. 2.5" id say imo
Suspension really depends on what you want from it? Just to lower it and not worried about comfort too much? Like to retain some comfort? You get ones from JOM for just lows, to ones from AP or Bilstein. These cost a lot more but again, depends what you want
Wheels, again, depends what you want, pro race 1.2 are quite common
Brakes, what sort of power are you looking for? AP brakes have never had a bad mention on here as far as i have seen. If you can get a hold of a set, cupra r brembos, but these dont come up that often

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Ah okay, and does the toyosports come with pipe work? Or what's the crack there?
And looking for a mid range feel. Not looking to crazy low really. Want to have a little comfort too!
And okay was just wondering what's the widest people have done as I can get hold of a wide range of wheels.

And just wondering if there was any decent upgrades to brakes. As I'm not going for massive power just yet just a tidy upgrade.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Mines a toyosports and just a universal pipe kit. Seems to be what most people use tbh.
If you just plan on lowering 40-50mm type thing then id say go for JOM or FK. If not lowering too much, they do go stiff but not over the top.
Wheels, maybe 8j, i know 9j has been done on the rear, but id guess arch work needed.
Brakes, go for some drilled/grooved disks and paint the callipers.

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Okay mate, sounds good, where can i get a toyosport with pipe work from?

Okay, not too sure on Jom's or FK's as ive had them before and Joms are quite stiff to be honest but i quite liked FK's, had a look at Vmaxx's too? They had some okay ratings!

And Sweet, probably run 8J rotas all round.

Okay mate will do, sounds good, maybe some brembo discs' and pads?

Thanks mate once again!

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Sweet cheers mate ill look into the kits for the cooler, as its definately needed.

And yeah i spoke to Vmaxx but they seem unsure if the kit fits a cupra :S which is a little worrying so may just get FK's for now?

Thanks

Cammy

Nov 10, 2008
I have the forge intercooler, and rate it well - best off second hand though as there quite expensive

AP coilovers for the price hands-down are the best ones to get.

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Forge intercoolers are good to a point but not well enough flowing for good power. For the price, id say universal is the way forward

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Okay mate. Is it pretty easy to fit? Much modification on the universal one?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Intercooler itself is very easy to fit. Only modification needed is to modify the crash bar so the cooler can go in behind it. I have seen it done on here im sure without the crash bar modified though.
Biggest pain will be routing the pipework/deciding which pipes to use etc. but still, its not difficult

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Okay Cheers mate, you've been a great help so far!
And so that universal one is okay, just got to work out what pipework you'll need basically?
Ill give it a go i suppose, its cheap so why not give it a crack :)

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Yep just a case of using the universal pipe kit and deciding what to put where and lengths to cut etc. you may have to buy extra hoses such as reducers.

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Ahhh okay i see, is there no kit that is a direct fit, as if i have to buy reducers, do you know what ones i need, saves me having to take it all apart and then rebuilding it lol

:p

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
If your not interested in changing ride height all the time, then for the same money as cheap coilovers you'll get much better quality of actual suspension and better ride quality if you go for a matched spring and shock combo... There is some nice shock and spring combos for the 400-500 mark wereas the same quality in coilovers will set you back closer to 900. Plus they will out last cheap coilovers by a long shot!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Woodsyy

Jun 27, 2014
Cheers guys, I got my coilovers on weekend just gone, they seem ok, didnt pay for them, so will see how long they last, will change them for a decent setup once i finish off a few little bits.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.