Help!!!!!

d1nnx

Jun 29, 2014
Peterborough
Just replaced my maf and it's still not boosting!

Feels like it wants to boost

Any suggestions on what it can be?? Engine light and traction is on aswel

Anyone got vagcom in peterborough or surrounding areas, I'll pay :)

Lowry020505

My cupra's a LEMON
Mar 22, 2014
Warrington,Cheshire
Most garages have vagcom, if your watching the penny's then take it to a little back street garage,
I don't expect you'd pay anymore then £35,

But all that's gonna get you is them telling you your fault codes and the light knocked off,, If I was you, get a diagnostics code reader of ebay for about £25, then you can do it yourself ,

Update when you have the codes, with out them we can't really help you

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
That's the code for the maf sensor. Unplug the maf and drive the car, if it boosts as normal the maf is faulty, if not its something else.

d1nnx

Jun 29, 2014
Peterborough
I'm not sure :S I've compared the part numbers and they exactly the same.

Do you think I've got a upgraded maf as it's running 300bhp but part number are same? Confused :(

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
Might not be the maf sensor.

Fault code is Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low Input.

This means the ecu is throwing the fault because the maf signal is too low (no airflow)

So if its not boosting up then this fault maybe just an indicator to confirm the lack of airflow and not a cause of the problem.
Have you checked the turbo actuator, n75 and pipework for splits?

d1nnx

Jun 29, 2014
Peterborough
Might not be the maf sensor.

Fault code is Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low Input.

This means the ecu is throwing the fault because the maf signal is too low (no airflow)

So if its not boosting up then this fault maybe just an indicator to confirm the lack of airflow and not a cause of the problem.
Have you checked the turbo actuator, n75 and pipework for splits?

I'll check all them tomorrow and update. Fingers crossed

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
make sure the big red inlet hose hasn't popped off of the turbo ,its a badger 5 v1 with billet connector, they sometimes pop off, so the turbo doesn't draw any air through it, so the maf reading is low,because of the lack of air

d1nnx

Jun 29, 2014
Peterborough
make sure the big red inlet hose hasn't popped off of the turbo ,its a badger 5 v1 with billet connector, they sometimes pop off, so the turbo doesn't draw any air through it, so the maf reading is low,because of the lack of air

I'll check that tomorrow and update

d1nnx

Jun 29, 2014
Peterborough
Right, I've just checked all the boost pipes and they all nice and tight, no splits nothing.

The car starts fine, idle's fine (no lumpy idle, even if I remove the maf) but the engine light is on with traction and it's still showing p0102 and still no boost!

twins2014

I have this problem im bookd in at auto electrician testday as i had it checkd on vag com and circuit low code when maf conected then clear codes and check again with sensor disconected and still same code as conected iv been informed its either a break dwn in an earth or a dodgy wire or plug from maf to ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d1nnx

Jun 29, 2014
Peterborough
I've had a new maf put in and that's fine now but the f*cker still won't boost. I've checked all the pipes etc they seem fine.

One mechanic thinks it's the map sensor so I'm going to change that.

I'll keep you guys updated

d1nnx

Jun 29, 2014
Peterborough
I've ordered a new n75 and hopefully it will sort the issue. Checked dv and it released fine.

Next need to get the turbo actuator checked and I'll keep you guys posted

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.