after changing battery in remore central locking doesn't work

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
I know this would have been asked before but after quick search I didn't get definite answer.

So how do actually sort this problem?
Do I need vag.com or can I do it with key?

daveslater3110

Jul 11, 2013
I've bought another mk1 fr recently and the remote central locking only worked on one door. I reset it by disconnecting the red lead to the car battery for like 10 minutes. Worked for me, but I wasn't changing the remote battery at the time. If you try it, make sure you know your radio code, I didn't lol, fiancé not happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanLlewhellyn

Nov 29, 2013
Tiverton, Devon
vy5e2u4y.jpg

Reactions: jase20vt

DanLlewhellyn

Nov 29, 2013
Tiverton, Devon
Ah then what you need to do is a bit more complicated..
Open your window
Open drivers door
Loosen, don't remove, torx screw in drivers door releasing barrel
Remove barrel and shut the door
Use a flat head screwdriver in the slot where the barrel was to operate what Key A should. But using key A in ignition and pressing buttons through the window.
Be careful not to hold the screwdriver in position too long or it will shut the window!

Danny fraser87

I had the same problem with my 02 cupra it seems the code reader becomes number dyslexic when the batt is removed so I had it re programmed key and reader

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
Ah then what you need to do is a bit more complicated..
Open your window
Open drivers door
Loosen, don't remove, torx screw in drivers door releasing barrel
Remove barrel and shut the door
Use a flat head screwdriver in the slot where the barrel was to operate what Key A should. But using key A in ignition and pressing buttons through the window.
Be careful not to hold the screwdriver in position too long or it will shut the window!

Err that sounds rather nasty...

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
this will be sorted soon.
I have a friend who owns locksmith company, iv not spoke to him in a while so didn't want to ask for a favour. However he called me during the week for a chat and it came down that he needed some welding doing on his 1972 beetle. new rear valence and couple of other panels fitting. For this he is going to sort me a new key and recode both of them :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.