Stainless Exhaust Question

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Booking in to get my exhaust replaced with a full stainless Cat back system because the current OEM one is ballsed after 90,000 miles lol

Think it's worth going down the straight through pipe for the centre section or keeping it standard as longlife will replace the centre box with their own i believe.

My head is saying straight through because it'll be more 'free flowing' but I'll still be running the original CAT

Advice please chaps!

PedroFR

Everything depends on how loud u want it to be. Sure straight thought will give u better flow but it will make it loud aswell

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
I did, and power flow exhaust guys in Newport, all about the same price so decided with long life, I can pay 50% and get pay the rest interest free so I can buy my new shocks in one go too...build quality is good and to be fair they can tailor the sound to your liking so may get away with a straight through pipe...just wondering if it does anything to emissions

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
If it's a cat back system then your emissions won't change, stock CAT will still work the same way :)

As said above a straight pipe mid section will make it louder.

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
If your still keeping the cat then I wouldn't worry about noise levels with a straight through center section, I'm currently running toyosport dp and decat with a cobra cat back and when driving sensibly it's still pretty quiet but when you give it the beans it sounds nice

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise