Really doesn't fill you with confidence does it..............?

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
So I went into my local SEAT dealer for a couple of screws and whilst there asked one of the technicians about loose door mirrors as my passenger side one was loose. Asked him about whether it was door card off or if it could be done, as I have read, simply by removing the speaker and getting a long bendy socket on it.

His reply was yes it is a common issue but I would have to remove the door card which is a complete pain and that he had never heard of the speaker method.

I did it this morning in 10 minutes.

Hmmmmmm

Jimbo

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
So I went into my local SEAT dealer for a couple of screws and whilst there asked one of the technicians about loose door mirrors as my passenger side one was loose. Asked him about whether it was door card off or if it could be done, as I have read, simply by removing the speaker and getting a long bendy socket on it.

His reply was yes it is a common issue but I would have to remove the door card which is a complete pain and that he had never heard of the speaker method.

I did it this morning in 10 minutes.

Hmmmmmm

Jimbo

Remember they usually just goes with what the manual from seat says, so they don´t mess anything up.

Other than that, can you remove the mirror through the speaker alone? Also unclip the wiring and all that? :confused:

Maybe because he thought you would remove it all?

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
Remember they usually just goes with what the manual from seat says, so they don´t mess anything up.

Other than that, can you remove the mirror through the speaker alone? Also unclip the wiring and all that? :confused:

Maybe because he thought you would remove it all?

Not sure about mirror removal bud figure you may need go go gadget hands for that.

TBH though I wasn't really looking at it from that angle only trying to tighten the nut.

Jimbo

hayesey

they'll just do it by the method the Seat factory manual tells them. They're not interested in trying to figure out quicker ways of doing things. Especially if there's a chance of damaging or breaking something by stretching behind the door card.

To be fair, even Haynes manuals often tell you to remove this, that and the other when sometimes you can save tons of time by just working around things. Makes jobs more awkward but saves time.

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
What's the problem with your passenger mirror? My whole passenger wing mirror unit vibrates quite alot when i'm driving and the driver side hardly has any vibration. Is there a fix to this? Always worried it might have a wobble and fall off!

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
What's the problem with your passenger mirror? My whole passenger wing mirror unit vibrates quite alot when i'm driving and the driver side hardly has any vibration. Is there a fix to this? Always worried it might have a wobble and fall off!

It was loose on its mounting and yes it vibrated. It doesn't know I have tightened the mounting nut inside the door. Apparently this is not uncommon.

Jimbo

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members