Sfs oversize tip questions

rcky89

Jul 24, 2013
West Sussex
Ive recently bought myself an oversize tip and im wondering of theres anything else i need to get to fit it. Eg. Extra bits of hose and jubilee clips if so what size and how many etc.

Thanks in advance

The Swede

Viking
Nov 23, 2013
North of the wall
You might need an extension to be able to reach the airbox as the SFS oversize TIP is slightly shorter than OEM, or a cone filter to fit on the MAF.

Get new jubilee clips for all the connections. Many of the OEM clips are one-time use.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Fitted mine yesterday. Not a nice job its a bit of a PITA to get in there and the position of the DV, Hockey puck, N75 etc is all different to the standard one so everything moves! I was changing the turbo too so had the drivers side drive shaft off (or slide it out of the way), if you take it off you have plenty of room from the underside to fit it to the turbo. Biggest pain in the arse is the hard metal water pipe (I think it's water anyway). You have to take a bolt out that holds it to the block and bend the pipe a bit. I have seen people saying you can put the bolt back in afterwards but I cant for the life of me get it started on the threads so I'm just going to leave it out.

If I may highjack for my own question. See pictures below, the top one is how it lines up (or doesn't) with the airbox. Any suggestions for something to make this fit a bit better (duct tape doesn't count as a suggestion!)?

As you can see if I pull the pipe over it does go on, its tight but I think it will stay on ok after the jubilees on. When I pull it over it doesn't seem to nip or squash the TIP, do you think this would be ok?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.