newbie needs help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 93532
  • Start date

Deleted member 93532

Hi guys, I bought my seat leon cupra r 3 weeks ago and I decided to blow up on me a week ago :(
Im on the hunt for a new engine and have heard that the AMK engine is the same as the BAM that blew up, iv found an engine but im trying to do my research before I buy, its just the engine and doesnt come with the auxiliaries or turbo and I know the only difference between the engines were the maps, but surely if I put my BAM auxiliaries and turbo on it should still be a BAM map? Any help would be appreciated :)

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
yeah as far as im aware your bang on, the ecu holds the map so as long as that original youll be fine, but youll need to figure out what caused the block to die in the first place...

maddox

Aug 25, 2011
Glasgow
Conrod went through the block :-/ thats a crazy ass failure!! My mates S3(bam engine too) bent a rod after a map and thats rare never mind what yours did.....

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
If your thinking about upping the power in the near future, get a set of forged rods and a block.... Put together and you'll be good for 400+ geegees.

I wouldn't waste your money on a BAM block, all the blocks are the same, the only difference being piston compression ratio and wrist pin size, BAM, AMK & AGU use 20mm pins the rest use 19mm.

Was your car mapped ? Any two-step / NLS box fitted ? What power you running ?

Like already said above your tune / power is controlled by the ecu so no worries there.... If your gonna put a standard block back in you need to find why it went, aggressive map / poor AFR's etc.... If its happened before it'll happen again.
Either sort the tune or strengthen the engine :)

Deleted member 93532

Thats the thing, I knew nothing about the car cause iv only had it 3 weeks, the guy that I bought it off sent me a video of it on the dyno and said it pushed 230bhp so im not sure cause you wouldnt get 5bhp from a map, I just want the car back up and running tbh I miss it haha, so what engibe would you guys recommend??

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
That might be 230bhp at the wheels aka 250-260 at the flywheel... so it may be mapped.

As the BAM / AMK came with a slightly lower Compression Ratio (k04 turbo) and stronger internals then you might be best to try and stick to one of those.... the only problem is they tend to cost more than a AUQ for instance.

Deleted member 93532

Thats helpful, I dont think the guy that had it before me did any research and now im suffering for it! How would I harden the engine up? Hardened pistons and stuff? (Sorry for all the questions, its all the girl coming out in me haha)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise