Revo Intake Noise

JB21

Jul 16, 2014
... Is pretty awesome, like Darth Vader lurking in the glove box :D.

However, is it normal for it to flutter (like its gasping for more air sort of sound)? Happens if you put the foot down at low revs and hold it to high, say 20 - 65 in 3rd and so on.. Doesn't really do it if you put the foot down at high revs through the gears.

Its mapped to 310, getting a Revo stage 2 next week as well if it just needs adapting to the new hardware!

Cheeeeeeers

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Sounds like surging, very common on mapped K04 TFSi's. Plenty of videos on youtube to compare it to

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
65mph ..... high revs in 3rd gear? ..... I cant remember what top speed in 3rd is on mine but I know fourth is 124mph .... so 3rd cant be 65mph

JB21

Jul 16, 2014
65mph ..... high revs in 3rd gear? ..... I cant remember what top speed in 3rd is on mine but I know fourth is 124mph .... so 3rd cant be 65mph

65 was put to negate the "why / where are you doing 80+ anyway questions". Plus its fairly high revs at that point, maybe not the limiter but 5k+

Karl db

Feb 16, 2013
Completely normal on these cars always do it when mapped with a intake fitted.

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
graemegparker who did your stage 2 mapping to run 343 bhp at the wheels?

It was ADS Revo Preston! I have a loba fuel pump though, I could run stage 2+ power but asked them to keep the power back a bit for sake of better handling and not totally ruining the car. So I just put Stage 2 on my signatire somI didnt get loads of people saying in was low power for stage 2+ lol

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Surely thats flywheel power? 343 at the wheels of a front wheel drive car would be 380+?

Apr 1, 2014
'up anley duck'
It was ADS Revo Preston! I have a loba fuel pump though, I could run stage 2+ power but asked them to keep the power back a bit for sake of better handling and not totally ruining the car. So I just put Stage 2 on my signatire somI didnt get loads of people saying in was low power for stage 2+ lol

so you asked them to limit the power to save handling???

just go slower round bends

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
I also got that noise on my car, I think its completely normal for this to happen. My car is also stage 2+. My car can just about get 60mph in 2nd gear :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.