eBay cable and software?

brobbo

Jun 24, 2014
read through the thread, ordered my cable from aliexpress....windows xp is installed ready on virtual box (mac) now just to wait lol

kshuker

Jan 26, 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
I finally got around to ordering a cable from Aliexpress (sold by auto professional) for £11, which was delivered in 13 days. Well impressed.

I got it working on a Windows 7 laptop by changing the date to 1st October, 2013 and disabling the Network adapter to prevent it connecting and trying to update the cable.

I used the supplied software and didn't have any issues with viruses.

So far I've updated:

rear wiper drip wipe
rain closing
de-activate ignition tone when keys are in
display litres remaining in fuel tank
One touch folding mirrors
lap timer
Air Blower speed in Auto
hill control delay
staging

Next up is trying the carbon background and alarm chirp. Is there anything else that might be worth doing?

Thanks for all the info and advice on here, I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise!

Last edited:

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
I finally got around to ordering a cable from Aliexpress (sold by auto professional) for £11, which was delivered in 13 days. Well impressed.

I got it working on a Windows 7 laptop by changing the date to 1st October, 2013 and disabling the Network adapter to prevent it connecting and trying to update the cable.

I used the supplied software and didn't have any issues with viruses.

So far I've updated:

rear wiper drip wipe
rain closing
de-activate ignition tone when keys are in
display litres remaining in fuel tank
One touch folding mirrors
lap timer
Air Blower speed in Auto
hill control delay
staging

Next up is trying the carbon background and alarm chirp. Is there anything else that might be worth doing?

Thanks for all the info and advice on here, I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise!

Really good work. How could you activate rain closing ? I tried it but could not do. Are there any different codes? If Yes would you please share with us. And did you try rain closing function after activation.

kshuker

Jan 26, 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
To be fair I hadn't tried the hill control or rain closing (everything else works ok). I've just had a go by pouring water on the sensor and it doesn't raise the windows.

I followed the instructions translated from the German website mentioned in previous posts:

Rain Closing

1. Select 09 – Cent. Elect.
2. Select 16 – Security Access
3. Enter Unlock Code 31347 - Click DO IT! And yes if it brings up other boxes
4. Select 10 - Adaptation
5. Select from drop down - (14)-Access control 2-Regenschlieben
6. Adjust value to permanent- Click DO IT! And yes if it brings up other boxes

It accepted the change and seemed to update. I'll have another play later.

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
To be fair I hadn't tried the hill control or rain closing (everything else works ok). I've just had a go by pouring water on the sensor and it doesn't raise the windows.

I followed the instructions translated from the German website mentioned in previous posts:

Rain Closing

1. Select 09 – Cent. Elect.
2. Select 16 – Security Access
3. Enter Unlock Code 31347 - Click DO IT! And yes if it brings up other boxes
4. Select 10 - Adaptation
5. Select from drop down - (14)-Access control 2-Regenschlieben
6. Adjust value to permanent- Click DO IT! And yes if it brings up other boxes

It accepted the change and seemed to update. I'll have another play later.

I predicted this result myself. With this 12.12 cable you can change the settings but settings does not affect the action. As you said the Windows does not close. At aliexpress there is another type of cables. I heard that it can activate this rain sensor.

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Didn't want to create a new thread but is there anyone in the Staffordshire (Stoke/Stafford) area that could enable some functions on my cupra? Seems a bit overkill to buy my own cable for something I'm going to do once then never touch again.

Alarm Chirp
Folding mirrors on close
Rear DLRs

Let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Didn't want to create a new thread but is there anyone in the Staffordshire (Stoke/Stafford) area that could enable some functions on my cupra? Seems a bit overkill to buy my own cable for something I'm going to do once then never touch again.

Alarm Chirp
Folding mirrors on close
Rear DLRs

Let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

Anyone? No one in the area?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Is 11.11 the one that allows you to make changes? I tried with the most up to date and the labels had changed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Is 11.11 the one that allows you to make changes? I tried with the most up to date and the labels had changed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

it is the full version , so changes are possible

i have never used it still in its wrapping.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.