what have you done to your car today ?

JonDP

Swore at it for continually foiling my attempts to get it up and running again.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Painted the calipers and disc centres. Washed it and tardised it. Cleaned the wheels and treated them with Gtechniq C5, all ready for the big detail tomorrow!

Jimmy3rown

Nov 28, 2013
Hampshire
Mine suffers from leaky door syndrome, but not for much longer! Today I stripped one of the rear doors down...

DSC04428.jpg

• Resoldered all the joints in the module (been playing up over winter)
  • Resealed the door card using butyl strip
  • Sealed around the speaker, because water also comes through there

Two doors down, two to go - looking forward to having a dry Leon this winter!

kr1s77

Feb 1, 2013
Birmingham
re-routed the vac lines to bypass the n18 & n239. now it goes straight to the n75 and vac reservoir via a T connector. i left out the check valve, not sure of the purpose of this, is it to stop air returning? what problems would it cause? anyway it pulls better :)

Jonathan.ryall1

Aug 17, 2013
Cwmcarn(South Wales)
Ah never mate, a whole year? Bet it feels great to have it going again, what was the problem?

Lost oil pressher and chain in the head went lose timing jumped and took the vales, cam pully and turbo with it. And to top it all off when I put it back together it ran for 20 secs and then sezed the cam in the head and sheared the cam pully key way. So thourt stuff it and put a nother lump in it

Paul1974

Leon FR MK1
Mar 12, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Took my car in for gearbox bearings replacement, sounded like the gearbox was rattling and crunching in all gears and idle. Now sounds perfect again, just the tractor engine noise!

JonDP

Lost oil pressher and chain in the head went lose timing jumped and took the vales, cam pully and turbo with it. And to top it all off when I put it back together it ran for 20 secs and then sezed the cam in the head and sheared the cam pully key way. So thourt stuff it and put a nother lump in it

They're good cars when they work, and when they don't... you have my sympathies, I'm having a nightmare with the fuel injectors on mine. Hopefully be on the road again Tuesday!

David McMahon

Jul 15, 2014
Pulled number plate off to clean, plus clean behind it (yuk) Pulled N/S door card off for seal repair (lots of water on the sill after rain yesterday)

Cleaned N/S window top-rubber and will re-fit tomorrow after a bake in the sun.

Got some Butyl ordered from eBay for window seal repair

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.