EPC light

Apr 1, 2014
'up anley duck'
so my EPC light has been coming on today putting the car in limp mode, if i turn the car off then turn it back on the EPC light goes away or sometimes the engine management light comes on with the EPC light. Ive done a scan with my ebay obd2 port scanner and it comes up with fault code P2138 this is on my mk2 leon cupra 2.0tfsi. has anyone got any clues? i've looked on rosstech and cant find nothing.

any help would be much appreciated

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Is there such a thing as a throttle position sensor on these?
Had an EML on a previous car due to that - and it wasnt a badillion pounds to replace.

Jan 3, 2014
My car has this problem. Was more severe before I changed throttle body. Not changed the pedal yet but that's my next port of call. My car is a 2.0tfsi FR

Jan 3, 2014
I've also found that a lot of components are found in various other makes and models from across the van range. I've used eBay for my parts

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Id get it checked out with VAGCOM to define what is actually wrong, before you start throwing cash at it! As I had an EPC fault and it was because of an out of date ECU file which needed updating, SEAT told me the ECU was f**ked and kindly held out their hands for £1k for an new one.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
yes its located in throttle pedal and they don't sell if separate :cry:

Daaayum!

Reminds me when i went to get a plastic headlight rear cover from the Pug parts dept, the guy announced 'That will be £200.00 please' coz they dont come without the actual light cluster unit!!

Jan 3, 2014
Id get it checked out with VAGCOM to define what is actually wrong, before you start throwing cash at it! As I had an EPC fault and it was because of an out of date ECU file which needed updating, SEAT told me the ECU was f**ked and kindly held out their hands for £1k for an new one.
I've done the vagcom and comes up as throttle position sensor.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I had this coming up on mine a few months back and it turned out to be 2 knackered injectors.

Is the car misfiring before it goes into limp mode???

Jan 3, 2014
Yeah. Pissing it down. Was nice and sunny yesterday too. Where are you? Might come visit. Get away from the rain haha.

Apr 1, 2014
'up anley duck'
im still getting this problem. the fault code p2138 even after spending £130 on a new pedal.
this is the wiring how i found it. as you can see the old loom on the right and new loom on the left.
2014-09-18180033_zps9546c4e6.jpg

can i ask where does the oem wiring go? into the ecu?

really need this sorting as im thinking of swapping for a saxo

Jan 3, 2014
I have no idea where it goes. Mines going in for a check tomorrow lol. Mine only happens when I plant the foot down