lcr oil leak...

.liam.

Apr 20, 2014
Northumberland
Recently bought an sfs 3 inch tip to fit to my lcr, been having a quick look/ feel around the engine bay to see how easy fitting would be. After putting my hand on the underside of the turbo, there seemed to be a bit of oil gathering on the bottom of the unit. As it was getting dark I couldnt really get a proper look around it, does anybody have an idea as to what may be causing this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
I too seem to have this, oil down the back right hand side of the engine, gearbox and under the turbo. Have read that it is possibly the rocker cover gasket and the half moon gasket

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
I wouldn't of thought so, buying the gasket isn't that expensive and could possibly fit it yourself. Im not sure on how easy a job it is but sure somebody could advise you on how to do it, but there is a guide on here somewhere for fitting

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
It's easy enough to do you just have to remove quite a lot of stuff, charge pipe and bracket, coilpacks, all the n249 shite on the top, some other little bits and the cylinder head cover. I think there is an order to tighten the nuts on this too, and torque figures. It's time consuming if anything. Obviously clean the head and cover before you fit the seal too

Sent from my iPhone

Crhome

Dec 18, 2012
Nottingham
I also had this problem. Sorted now. I'd advice to change half moon gasket too while doing the rocker cover gasket.

Last edited:

.liam.

Apr 20, 2014
Northumberland
Thats a great help guys, thanks very much. Does anybody have a link to the correct gaskets? I think I saw 1 on ebay that looked as if it had a half moon bit built in.. would that be right?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.