Front Right Knocking

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Well changed springs back to standard from sportlines and all noise has gone.

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Right found the problem on mine took the car to a garage and asked them to re fit my springs garge ring and says
1. the bump stop are fitted upside down
2. one of the top mount bolts was different to the rest far to long and hitting the spring
3. I need 2 new front shocks seals have went and they are leaking
4. and showed me damage to the shocks off mould grips used by the lad who fitted previous

Glad its all sorted now but really p***ed off at the same time.

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Bring a thread back from the dead (at least I search! :p)

Mine is knocking, more predominantly on the right, but both sides over bumps and pot holes / cats eyes at low speed.

I was thinking ball joints, but as previous owner has fitted eibach lowering springs, not sure if something like bump stops hasn't been fitted the wrong way round, or if top mount bolts are loose.

Will have a look tomorrow, but wondered if anyone else got to the bottom of it, specifically AndrewJB?

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Mine is doing the same thing now but its worn front wishbone bushes that's causing mine. Getting them sorted very soon.

What mileage is yours on?

Mine has only done 57k miles. The Skoda Octavia VRS TDI I had before is the same setup, and that only started to knock after 140k miles!

Abs2788

Jul 28, 2014
West Yorkshire
Anyone come across a knock that sounds like it's from passenger door like something's loose inside the door card or around the glove box area. Only when road is uneven or bumpy. Any ideas?

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Iv also got a loud knocking coming from the drivers side. The knocking is very intermittent, some times when turning left or going over the odd pot hole but not every time. Knocking seems to move thought. Either steering Collum, door or wheel arch. Had the car jacked up but can't see anything wrong.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.