Soon to be Exeo Owner

Exe_LeonCR

Exeo ST
Feb 12, 2012
Devon
Hello all,
I am currently a leon cupra r owner but soon to be exeo owner. I currently run 18" BBS CH and 15mm spacers.

Few questions:-

1. are exeo fitments 112x5
2. what are the 18" standard tyres
3. Would wheel spacers to widen the stance be worth it/advised?
4. Does anyone have this set up/pics?
5. Will i be able to plug my iphone 5C in and play music from it as the IPOD connector i assume will be the older wide connection?

Many thanks

PeeJay

Jan 22, 2014
The only one I can help you with is point 5 - yep, it's the older version - frankly it's not a great solution anyway - far better to buy a cheap SD card (less than a iPhone old/new converter) and copy your music onto that.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I've tried the 30pin adapters in the glovebox on my phone 4 and it doesn't work.

Also you've got to convert your songs to MP3 from Apple's format if you're using an SD card. PITA I've found! Preferred the bluetooth streaming in my Leon but the stereo is much better in the Exeo :)

Jan 24, 2011
I'm making do with aux at the moment but the quality suffers. SD card definitely seems the way forward. Luckily I don't deal with iTunes. Only apple could make music you purchased yourself different to listen to with anything else.

Jan 24, 2011
So there is an aux input? I use spotify rather than iTunes.

Me too. My SE Tech has an aux input by the hand brake. In a really annoying place, right next to the 12v plug which is also in a really annoying place :D The rest of the interior more than makes up for it though :thumbup:

Spotify is brilliant, but the aux audio quality isn't as good as SD. I'm gonna have to get hold of music and put it onto SD sooner or later.

Last edited:

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
I couldn't agree more about the incredibly inconvenient placement of the Aux and 12V Power socket.

So much so, I am actually looking into having them both moved, or at least having new ones fitted in place of the ashtray.

Has anybody carried out such a modification, and if so could you please give details.

Oh and I broke the catch on the armrest lid, man is that thing made of swiss cheese or what :(

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
That is not a bad idea at all, although remember to leave a little slack for when you lift the armrest up. :D

How about adding a small glued in velcro strap into the bottom of the armrest to hold your I device too?

Derbian

Aug 12, 2013
Derby
Took the armrest out as I tend to sit quite low down and it gets in the way. Made up a blanking panel to fill the hole it left and fitted new 12V socket in it. Not perfect but it's better

Derbian

Aug 12, 2013
Derby
Just space to fit one below the rear ashtray although it's a tight fit. Managed to run an extra power cable under the centre console alongside the handbrake, past the gear lever, under the front ashtray and then behind the radio to the fusebox and used a fuse tap so that the second 12V socket is a permanent live. As the cable is always live I ran it in a small diameter flex conduit to give it extra protection.

Next job is to find somewhere to fit an in-dash USB power outlet.

Exe_LeonCR

Exeo ST
Feb 12, 2012
Devon
The LEon was driven away last night and off to see a 2L TDI Sport Tech Estate in black in the morning. Anything in particular to look for? 3 Year old lease car from sister dealer so seemingly has had a good SEAT history.

Cheers

Jan 24, 2011
The LEon was driven away last night and off to see a 2L TDI Sport Tech Estate in black in the morning. Anything in particular to look for? 3 Year old lease car from sister dealer so seemingly has had a good SEAT history.

Cheers

Ex lease car - good idea. Mine is also ex lease, although it's a year older than the one you're looking at. No experience what to look for yet tbh - mine is immaculate and yours should be too I would imagine!

Link?

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Hello all,
I am currently a leon cupra r owner but soon to be exeo owner. I currently run 18" BBS CH and 15mm spacers.

Few questions:-

1. are exeo fitments 112x5
2. what are the 18" standard tyres
3. Would wheel spacers to widen the stance be worth it/advised?
4. Does anyone have this set up/pics?
5. Will i be able to plug my iphone 5C in and play music from it as the IPOD connector i assume will be the older wide connection?

Many thanks

For 1 & 2 - My understanding is that standard 18" tyres are 112x5, 8 inch wide, ET45. But there are also SEAT EXEO antracite wheels which are 18", 112x5, 8 inch wide and ET42.

Exe_LeonCR

Exeo ST
Feb 12, 2012
Devon
So after owning the Exeo for a week i am mightily impressed. I have fiddled a little and have fitted a bumper scratch guard, Heko wind deflectors, exhaust trims, new mats and given it a proper clean.

The last thing i am going to do it fit new wheels and am looking at Dare DR-CH or the r version.

Will fitting hubcentric spacers cause any issues....thinking 10mm on each wheel? Last thing i want is rubbing but want the wheels out to the arch.

Also has anyone had any experience with the wheels?

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/wheels/dare/1129-dr-ch-hyper-silver?vehicle=1181&rim_size=18

And Spacers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hubcentri...heels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item56662da3f3

Will 8" be the best bet or can i go wider. Using my existing tyres of 225x40x18.

Thanks

Last edited:

Exe_LeonCR

Exeo ST
Feb 12, 2012
Devon
Right i have been researching and on stock suspension i think 15mm rear and 10mm front on each hub will push the stance out to the arch but not cause any rubbing.

Standard offset is ET45. New wheels are ET42 so pushes 3mm.

New setup will then be fronts ET32 so 13mm each hub (26mm axle) and rears ET27 so 18mm (36mm axle)

I think i have grasped it but if anyone can say otherwise please say!!!

This is on sport tech suspension.

Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.