Spare wheel

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
Hi all,
First post so thanks in advance and already the useful information I've gained so far
Got a Leon FR 184 with 18" alloys and was wondering if the following would be ok for the spare saver wheel as I've been to my local dealer and they say the 18" space saver is not available yet as an accessory to buy
eBay item 181482544979, sorry not allowed to post link

Cheers

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi all,
First post so thanks in advance and already the useful information I've gained so far
Got a Leon FR 184 with 18" alloys and was wondering if the following would be ok for the spare saver wheel as I've been to my local dealer and they say the 18" space saver is not available yet as an accessory to buy
eBay item 181482544979, sorry not allowed to post link

Cheers

That's funny, as My dealer said that getting the car with the spare was such a good deal, as they sell them as an accessory for about £400, instead of the £95 it was when I ordered the car. Actually cost me nowt as I haggled that and the Phantom Black into the deal.:D:D:D

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
I've been to my local dealer and they say the 18" space saver is not available yet as an accessory to buy

Ask around other dealers. They should be able to supply them through normal parts channels.

Although bear in mind that it will cost more than the £100 option when ordering the car, as that is the additional cost of the spacesaver and tools over the standard repair kit.

The eBay item you posted is the correct size - 125/70 R18, although it doesn't really give too many details other than that.

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
Update: Western Seat in Newcastle contacted me today to say the part has arrived - 18" space saver with toolkit - £179 inc VAT. Just collected and placed in the boot. The guy mentioned that the comporessor supplied with the puncture repair kit is woth approx £100 - so it could be worth selling (will compare it to t he one I have already).

langers2014

Aug 11, 2014
www.facebook.com
Car due mid-late September (week 37 build) and forgot to order the spare wheel at time. If I purchase through the spares channel (£175) will it fit in the boot well with the tool kit (assuming jack etc) and the emergency repair kit that comes as standard (assuming that lives in the boot well??

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
It used to be if you wanted the Seat sound system you had to spec the spare wheel as the subwoofer is mounted into the spare. I wonder if it is a software glitch or you do actually have to have the sound system if you want a spare?

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
Car due mid-late September (week 37 build) and forgot to order the spare wheel at time. If I purchase through the spares channel (£175) will it fit in the boot well with the tool kit (assuming jack etc) and the emergency repair kit that comes as standard (assuming that lives in the boot well??

No. My spare came with all the styro (?) packing for the tools, so it fits completely in the well in place of the repair kit packing.

If you are willing to do without the foam and do some re-packing it might work, but my plan is whenever car is sold to refit the emergency kit (who bothers about it anyway, especially if part-ex) and sell the spare wheel and tools on some auction/sale site or other. ;)

KAI

Aug 16, 2014
www.seatcupra.net
I also have 18" and spare wheel 16".
Considered buying spare 18" just like you but gave it up after making sure that 16" spare wheel is OK for 18".

KAI

Aug 16, 2014
www.seatcupra.net
I also have 18" and spare wheel 16".
Considered buying spare 18" just like you but gave it up after making sure that 16" spare wheel is OK for 18".

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members