Getting my Boc remapped...

Magnerz

Apr 3, 2013
Huddersfield
Hi guys. I'm taking my Boc to a SEAT dealer on tuesday to have the Revo map put on.

Has anyone had any problems with the map or anything?

Also will I need to get an intercooler or will the inlet temperatures still be relatively fine?

Cheers.

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
To the best of my knowledge, the stock intercooler can cope with a stage one map. I have a tunning box on mine with a stock intercooler and have never had any issues.

Magnerz

Apr 3, 2013
Huddersfield
Yes I was quite surprised myself to be honest. David Cook Motors (SEAT Franchise) in Chadderton, Manchester.

Do you think it is absolutely necessary to get an intercooler or will it run fine for a while?

Magnerz

Apr 3, 2013
Huddersfield
Yeah I might upgrade the fmic in the future but it requires a lot of DIY doesn't it and I can't really be arsed to be doing that at the moment.

Also I see you have a Boc with the rear spoiler - did you buy that after and if so how much did it cost to paint/ fit?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
The forge intercooler is giving about 10 bhp on stock with no map iirc, so it would be good even by itself. Quite dear unfortunately.

forge scene tax,

no way is it making an extra 10ponies.

just do what robbie did and custom make one, its all cost under 100quid!

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
I done a custom one on my old astra GSI turbo years ago and it was fairly easy. All parts are available on line or even eBay

Saved my self a fortune at the time

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
4 things:

-Bin the boost loosing, leaky DV spacer
-Upgrade the brakes
-keep an eye on the oil level as I had to put 1.5lts in it to bring it to max (don't mention that when you collect the car as they'll likely charge you)
-Enjoy! It now flys like **** off a wet shovel!

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
As far as I'm aware there is no real reason to change the DV unless you want wooooosh bus noises