need help to modify my FR to 400+ HP

Oman FR

Dear all,

Today I got the news from the garage that my engine got damaged :( they opend the sump and found steel pieces :(((
This was the problem http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=406329

anyways this is the 2nd engine and my car is on stage 2 but without programming which I think killed the engine ..

so I decided to make it a project car and modify it to stage 4 :)
which means I need stroker kit as I am not into buying new engine .. so can you please advise me what modifications I need to do ? Its better if there is ready set I can buy and install .. also one of my friend advised me to use gti 2012 engine ... so what you think ? I need it to reach 500 hp but if it will need a lot of modification then 400 hp is enough for me .. please do advise me as we dont have revo or apr dealers in my country.
Btw My car is leon fr 2.0 tfsi 2007
regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Oman FR

I already said .. we dont have revo or apr dealers .. the nearest are 500 km away...in dubai ..

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Not heard of a stroker kit for a Tfsi? Why would you need it?

Buy a CDL engine for a start, its a lot stronger than the BWA engine in your FR and will handle the power you require. Turbo wise a hybrid K04 should make 400hp with the right supporting mods, with a huge area under the curve, making for a very quick car. Clutch will need factoring in, supporting mods include intercooler, HPFP, WMI etc etc.

Lots to consider and lots of research to do! All available at the end of a google search too!

Oman FR

Buy a CDL engine for a start, its a lot stronger than the BWA engine in your FR and will handle the power you require. Turbo wise a hybrid K04 should make 400hp with the right supporting mods, with a huge area under the curve, making for a very quick car. Clutch will need factoring in, supporting mods include intercooler, HPFP, WMI etc etc.

Lots to consider and lots of research to do! All available at the end of a google search too!

Thanks a lot for your replay .. I already started googling :) but also in the forum but thought to ask you maybe ill get better idea as we are in 2014 and alot of fr mk2 in Middle east are not available .. its not very know car here ...

also I am thinking to install golf gti engine but not quite sure if it will fit or not ...
regarding the turbo I saw a lot using gt 3071 and they are getting very good power instead of k04 .. as I said my car is already on stage 2 .. it had double intercooler from revo and revo intake ... custom blow valve 3 inch down pipe .. with borla exhaust system..

so I do need to change injectors I do need to change the pistons cams and the crank shaft .. but I am not sure if using a ready engine will be enough and will not be dead later on ...

clutch I need to change it to racing one ... I ordered one before but didnt fit because I didnt order all set :(

water pump and fuel pump need to be changed also .. the problem I am not finding a dealer to do all the stuff as I am not very good in these stuff :whistle:
hope the guys in revo dubai can help ..

thanks again

Oman FR

btw do you have idea about best cdl engine for the fr ? If you have the code will be better .. and what you mean by WMI ???

Regards

tractorboy

Jul 13, 2009
Middle East
If you can get the car to Dubai, Id speak to Darren at DAS. He stroked his 1.8 20VT S3 is running a big turbo making around 450hp.

He is working on a few other big turbo VAG projects. You will need a lot of money though, my guessing would be in excess of 50k AED.

Join our Facebook page if you want to get some more feedback:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2225551437/

Id also avoid the local APR and REVO dealers in Dubai. They are barely capable of flashing a stage 1 tune of a car let alone building big turbo projects. Tenasi have built a few big turbo TFSI's but I have no come across these as yet

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
.... Ring revo/apr, if your serious they'll invest time to help you. Then if your really serious order all the parts then find a local garage who can go the job. Or just drive the distance... It'll be a fun drive back after they've had it a few days/weeks?

tractorboy

Jul 13, 2009
Middle East
.... Ring revo/apr, if your serious they'll invest time to help you. Then if your really serious order all the parts then find a local garage who can go the job. Or just drive the distance... It'll be a fun drive back after they've had it a few days/weeks?

Unfortunately both of their local reps in the middle East are pretty useless. There are very little big turbo TFSI's in the Middle East and all of them have had their problems.

We also suffer on anything above Stage One, we regularly have 90% humidity and temperatures well above 40 degrees. Although Oman is a little nicer that the UAE when it comes to humidity.

OP join the facebook group, there is one guy in Oman with a MK6 K04 GTI. He sent his ECU to APR in the US and got them to send him everything he needed for a K04 conversion. Then I believe he got a local garage to fit everything. That may be a better way than going through the dealers in Dubai.

Although if your going big turbo and its going to be a daily then I would get a custom map due to our weather conditions

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Unfortunately both of their local reps in the middle East are pretty useless. There are very little big turbo TFSI's in the Middle East and all of them have had their problems.

We also suffer on anything above Stage One, we regularly have 90% humidity and temperatures well above 40 degrees. Although Oman is a little nicer that the UAE when it comes to humidity.

OP join the facebook group, there is one guy in Oman with a MK6 K04 GTI. He sent his ECU to APR in the US and got them to send him everything he needed for a K04 conversion. Then I believe he got a local garage to fit everything. That may be a better way than going through the dealers in Dubai.

Although if your going big turbo and its going to be a daily then I would get a custom map due to our weather conditions

Ah ofcourse excuse my ignorance.., forgot about temps etc.

Hmm as mentioned above May be the best bet!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.