New and starting up issue?

RyBoc

Aug 17, 2014
Hello I've browsed this forum for a while now but never registered as I was just having a nose around. I am 20 from midlands and my names Ryan.

So introduction over.. To the point I Recently bought an 11 plate Bocanegra and I would just like to ask for any advice as when I turn the key to start my car it takes a while for the engine to turn over? You can hear the starter motor trying to start but the engine takes around 5 seconds to actually start. Thereafter it runs perfectly fine from what I can tell as someone who is by no means an expert. The oil consumption is great and I haven't had any problems so I was just curious?

If possible I could record a video from my phone to help people understand what I mean. But until then could anyone diagnose my car please?! It's really bugging me.

Thank you

Last edited:

Purch123

May 6, 2014
I'm no expert and I could be completely wrong but may it be that the spark plugs need changing?

Deleted member 67732

I would firstly check that the battery terminals are secure, secondly check the battery condition,

RyBoc

Aug 17, 2014
Both are fine, that's what is confusing me as I don't really know much but those two are fine