Ongoing's LCR

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Yes dude ill have to clean mine first its really neglected in that regards atm been to busy cleaning other peoples. You free near the end of august?

Least you have the money rolling in ;)

Yes mate I should be available end of August. Will discuss a bit further on FB :D

Feb 26, 2013
Least you have the money rolling in ;)

Yes mate I should be available end of August. Will discuss a bit further on FB :D

Can complain about the money, i could just use some time off now. Lovely ill see if we can get a few others out as well

Feb 26, 2013
After much debate I took the plunge (mainly because of the banging against the ARB)
My new Cobra (res & baffled rear tip)

Old system

I had to collect a new wheel as this was my spare (1st time I've ever looked at it) not impressed as the previous owner never told me

New spare

I also had some spare time before a detail.. So I decided to sort out an issue that has bothered me since buying the car...

so thats my exciting updates for this time

Feb 26, 2013
Not an update I was planning....... :(

After a long day of detailing, I went to start the car and after turning it over for what seemed like an eternity, the car finally started and bought up the EPC light on the dash, A quick trip to CupraMatty's house and a session on the VagCom I bought a new crank shaft sensor...

I took the car down to my mates unit to borrow the ramp to fit the sensor, and the car then decided it didn't want to start, a quick roll back and a bump and we had lift off..... so a new starter motor was ordered...

It turns out the old unit had been previously bodged back together with silicone [:@] it turns out one of the cables had pulled out a connector, so although i managed to get the car to start buy reconnecting the cable there was no telling how long it would last....

New vs Old

Stripped out

I also took the opportunity to clean up my throttle body

all back together

I've also ordered a new brake light switch, which is next on my list to fit along with a rocker cover gasket as I've got a small leak.

I managed to give my car a quick clean for the first time in months, I also gave my mums car a top up with wax...

Seat friends

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good progress mate keep it up :)

The crank sensor is a PITA! Mine went maybe a couple of years back now and it really did push my patience as I also had a knock sensor go not long before.

Feb 26, 2013
Tbh it wasn't to bad to change i was just worried about it shattering as the plastic was brittle. Ill try and keep up the good work , I'm just so busy with work the car is getting a bit neglected

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Seems like you have been a tad unlucky with the car recently mate, and for the not to mention the condition of the spare wheel is a joke. He only lives 5 mins away from me so if you want me to have a word? ;) lol. Serious note though keep the mods coming! How you finding the exhaust?

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah Rich if you could go and stab him that would be great. Lmao
Yeah its just part and parcel of cars.....
The exhaust is my guilty pleasure atm love the noise when its on boost, which is rather alot atm.

Feb 26, 2013
I had a little trip out last weekend down to the good old Ace Cafe for a H4H event in memory of Lee Rigby.

Some pics

I also found these photos on Facebook, I didnt know theyd been taken but the car looks good in them........

I've also re wrapped my front grill surround as it was starting to look tatty.

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
df25815bbb63a75905502f31e4b68bc1.jpg

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Mine shall eventually look rubbish . Cars are just so much effort ha just been doin bits and bats on it since ive got it lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members