Sealant

Stix

Mar 6, 2014
Birmingham
Am looking at claying,washing and waxing my altea xl. It's a naymara metallic blue if that makes any difference. But what is sealant,which brand and how do you use it???? Am new to all of this so just trying to get as much info as possible before starting.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Sealant is an alternative to wax, which offers easier application and removal together with lasting longer before needing to be renewed, some sealant also repels dirt/dust more than wax and makes cleaning easier to.

Wax can also be applied over a sealant if required although no need to..

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
I used autoglym extra gloss sealant for the first time the other day and was really impressed. Only cost £7 on ebay. Did the whole car left it 30 minutes to cure and buffed off. Unlike some waxes it came off really easy meaning it didnt have to be done a panel at a time. Left the car with a great wet look and silky smooth finish

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Wax can also be applied over a sealant if required although no need to..

There is no need to with regards to protection but alot of people believe that applying wax after a sealant gives the finish a warm and rich tone on top of the glossy and reflective appearance already obtained.

I have bought nattys poorboys liquid blue, but have not applied it yet.

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I would recommend Finishkare FK1000P sealant

For bodywork, ease of use, and far less temperature fussy I think there are better products out there, a good starting point would be Auto Finesse's Tough Coat, which also cures quickly in mins. in most temperatures. .

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
I've always been an AG and over the last 10 years a Megs fanboy. Recently purchased a new collection of products, drying towels, waxes, shampoos, polishes and tons of other stuff from http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk and I have I say that the ease of use and results are something like I have never seen. Plus point is that they offer 15% discount to their own forum members on products that are cheaper than similar other branded products to start with and they have seasonal sales??? Autobrite Direct all the way for me from now on. BOT, their Project 32 sealant gives results like you would not believe and I have purchased but not had chance to use my Hellfire Abyss sealant yet ;)

Last edited:

jake44

Mar 24, 2014
norfolk
Good luck with the abyss! Results it gives are awesome but it is quite awkward to apply well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfiedog

Has anyone used Carpro Hydro2 or Reload spray on sealant. Looks incredible stuff.

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
I'm glad I come across this thread

I've always been a clean freak with my cars, I wash mine weekly and polish and wax (one after the other) at least once a month.

In between polishing and waxing I just wash and dry and then use meguairs quick detailer.

I've never used a sealent, do I just wash and dry as normal and then use a paint sealent....

I'm a Meg's fan boy through and through, 99% of my cleaning products are meguairs.

What sealents are recommended for Inferi black

Alfiedog

Check YouTube for hydro2 or reload from carpro. Quite remarkable results

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
Good luck with the abyss! Results it gives are awesome but it is quite awkward to apply well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know this now. It's seriously oily whereas the rest of their products I've used are water based and easy to remove. The tip with the Abyss is just use as little as possible.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise