Problems filling my Seat Exeo ST

Pete_Exeo

Hello everyone! I bought a second hand 2010 seat exeo ST 143 tdi a couple of weeks ago and I've had some difficulties filling the fuel tank up which is not something I've ever experienced before.

When I put diesel in the car it only allows me to put around 45 litres of fuel in and then thinks that it's full. When I get in the car and turn the key you can see that the tank is only 3/4 full which is not surprising as it has a 70l tank.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so do they know what the cause is?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
I had this when I first bought the car. (Exeo ST) The pump would keep cutting out like the tank is full, but just like you I only had about 3/4 of a tank.

I'm pretty sure I twist the nozzle over to the left slightly, so handle to the right and nozzle to the left if that makes sense. I do it without thinking now, but haven't had the issue since.

Pete_Exeo

Thanks Legohead. I'll give that a try. Strange that it isn't more straightforward to fill it up.

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Thanks Legohead. I'll give that a try. Strange that it isn't more straightforward to fill it up.

Pete - wondering if your situation has improved at all. Similarly for us, we tend to be filling up when near or at the red light and get 50-55l in, but that after a few miles we seem to be very quickly back at the 3/4 tank mark.

PeeJay

Jan 22, 2014
Not had it with mine, I can usually cram 60 litres in - still don't understand why the needle hits empty when there's 10 litres left though - what's the point of a 70 litre tank if you can only use 60 of it until you're prepared to gamble a bit.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.