Split hose help

djhixxy1983

Mar 15, 2014
So got up this morning and thought I'd check coolant levels etc and then noticed a split hose!! What is it for and would this explain why it's been running rough and laggy!!! pic attached
3cd169c9d33babb51feffc2705ef537a.jpg

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
The y shaped peice is your breather hose. Mine split about a week ago. I have uses a bit of 13mm silicone hose to repair it untill i buy a replacement

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
That's a pcv breather line and is a known weak part. Usually ends up causing the boost leak error code on vagcom and tends to make idle a bit unsteady. Can get replacements from seat, upgrade to a version made by sfs/forge/creation motorsport etc. Or replace the whole pcv system with a catch can.

If there's any slack you can poke it up the hole (ooh-err!) a bit further as a temporary fix.

Further to Scott's post- you can use silicone but it tends to degrade in the presence of oil and fuel vapour so wont hold forever.

Last edited:

djhixxy1983

Mar 15, 2014
Cheers for the quick replies :)! It's been running rough and been a bit laggy / hesitant recently! Typical to happen on a bank holiday weekend ha ha

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
Ive read on here people replace the hose with 19mm silicone hose but i agree with danny. Silicone isnt realy graded for oil use. Unless its specificly designed for it

RICKY3

Jun 2, 2012
AYRSHIRE
Pcv simplification is the way to go If 1 hose perishes the rest will also be perished Youll need 19mm I/d fluro lined silicone hose and a 19mm T-piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazza1414

Apr 17, 2014
So got up this morning and thought I'd check coolant levels etc and then noticed a split hose!! What is it for and would this explain why it's been running rough and laggy!!! pic attached
3cd169c9d33babb51feffc2705ef537a.jpg

Hi there, sorry to hijack your thread but could you tell me what the size of the filter on the pipe zip tied just under the air intake is, Iv'e been trying to get one for my LC for a while now but no one can seem to tell me what the correct size is to fit that pipe.

Cheers and sorry again!:confused:

matroblee

Feb 8, 2013
Hi, I posted this of a different thread earlier, but this one's much newer:

I need to replace my upper breather / Y hose (whatever you want to call it), but with the dealers charging £48 I decided to find a cheap alternative for the short term at least. When it arrived, I noticed that air can't flow easily with one of the holes covered (yes, I blew down it :) ). I put my finger in and noticed that there's a kind of rubber flap just inside the L shaped part (the area that tends to split). It seems to be acting like a valve which restricts airflow from 1 direction, and completely blocks it from the other. Does anyone know if this is normal, or is this a manufacturing defect? The genuine one that I'm replacing doesn't have this, but I guess it could have possibly disintegrated over the years. I'd rather not now spend £48 on a genuine one or a silicone replacement only to find that it's supposed to be there afterall. Thanks

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Hi there, sorry to hijack your thread but could you tell me what the size of the filter on the pipe zip tied just under the air intake is, Iv'e been trying to get one for my LC for a while now but no one can seem to tell me what the correct size is to fit that pipe.

Cheers and sorry again!:confused:

Just remove and blank the SAI and that pipework will come out :) Resistor costs about £3, can get a blanking plate for £10-£20. You'll also need to do the N249 bypass, lots of guides on here to help