Hello from Scotland

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Evening all. My name is Rab, and on Friday I ordered a new Leon Cupra 280.

I currently own an Evo 6 Tommi Makinen and a b6 Passat Wagon, which I have decided to combine into one, top notch and state of the art car. Hence the Leon. It was between the Leon and the Golf GTi, but when you spec the Golf to have the same kit as the Leon it's 32k, and has 50bhp less!! :shrug:

One of the Evo, which is for sale now BTW ;)

Not allowed URLS it seems :confused:

Already been lurking around having a read of your readers rides sections, and I was impressed with the quality of the projects being done! Some really nice cars in there!

Anyways. Hello. New Leon is due in November according to the dealer, which is fine for me as it gives me plenty time to get the Evo sold and the Passat moved on.

:D

herbie147

Dec 24, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Hi Rab

Yeah I recognise your username from MLR.

I sold my Evo 6 RS for a LCR. The 6 was too hardcore for a daily and hardly ever left my garage.

Loving my Leon, Im sure you wont be disspointed with the new 280 when you pick it up.

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Hi buddy.

I am the same. Evo is too much for daily use, and the Passat is too dull to keep my entertained. Test drove the 280 and just loved it. :D

herbie147

Dec 24, 2013
Aberdeenshire
What colour etc you going for? SC or 4 door?

I do like the look of the Mk3, waiting to see what the new R version will be like, would deffo consider buying one!

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Red, 5 door fir the kiddies.

Got leather and adaptive cruise control. Can't wait! :D

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
I have also read there will be no awd cupra. Tbh, when the fwd 280 is just as quick as the awd golf r, what's the point?

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Well, as I said goodbye to the Evo today, and I now have enough posts I thought I'd put up a few photos of it.

Cupra has been on order for 2 weeks now. Chewing the furniture now tbh :lol:

Gonna miss it. But a new 280 will change that! :D

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Aye? That's pretty good! I'm just looking forward to having a car with some technology!!

:lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.