my gt30 ibiza cupra,rollcage,bride seats, part time track car new track wheels :)

Cuper13

Hi, sorry for the dig. can you help me? I'm looking for rod to my Ibiza Cupra R 1.8t AYP and do not know what is in the piston pin diameter 19mm or 20mm? Thank you for your help!

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
been a while since this got updated ive bought a few more bits for the car including some eibach camber bolts, neuspeed front anti roll bar, and some track wheels in the shape of some oz supre t's off a cupra r and have refurbed these in work myself and are currently painted flash red had to be a lairy colour as they'll be fitted with my yokohama ao48's i have had lying in the shed for too long haha will get some pics up after work when i get time.

i think the wrist pins in the ayp engines are 20mm if im sure but id ask about as i bough my engine already built i just fitted all the parts on there and run it in haha

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
pics of the wheels heres a before and after of them :)
060-2_zps0e069f4e.jpg

059-2_zpsa3b124c6.jpg

bought part rubbed down so needed the full treatment

bassed the inner barrels up
061-2_zps4f9ea2d9.jpg

062-2_zpsa1543f8c.jpg

base'd up front of wheel
063-1_zps4dd9b3f4.jpg

064-1_zps8a2b555c.jpg

now for some laquer :)
066-1_zps7146dd4d.jpg

067-2_zpsa15fdf54.jpg

068_zps7b222d99.jpg

all nicely painted the original colour my car should be but it wont be going red now just using up my spare paint lmao

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
You do it with tins mate? Reason I ask is because if you have then when mr tyre fitter gets hold of them he'll take the paint off as its thin and not baked ;(

I do mine with the tyres on lol

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
No mate I work in a body shop as a panel beater so I done them with the paint gun in work took ages due to the multi spoke but wasn't to bad took 2 hours to paint mind aswel as letting them dry inbetween coats, I usually do them with them on too just get the tyre fitter to pop the bead so I can get paint around the rim but I need to buy 2 tyres so I have to get them all fitted if they ruin them ill get them to pay my work to do them again and ill pocket the cash and re-do them on the weekend haha

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
i have loads of little updates but dont seem to have much interest in my build thread's for some reason on all the forums i use so basically cant see the point in updating every week lol, i try and chip in with the forum but unless you have sticker bombed your mirrors and back window and lowered it on some £3.50 coilovers they dont seem to want to know, not that i care anyway

if i scrapped my shell and fitted all the parts to a mark 2 golf id have so much jizz on my sills and wheels from the purists wacking off over it but as it has a seat badge people turn they're noses up at it, until it goes past on full boost :)

i have loads of little updates but dont seem to have much interest in my build thread's for some reason on all the forums i use so basically cant see the point in updating every week lol, i try and chip in with the forum but unless you have sticker bombed your mirrors and back window and lowered it on some £3.50 coilovers they dont seem to want to know, not that i care anyway

if i scrapped my shell and fitted all the parts to a mark 2 golf id have so much jizz on my sills and wheels from the purists wacking off over it but as it has a seat badge people turn they're noses up at it, until it goes past on full boost :)

Haha man up and update it more haha

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
Fitting the top mounts sometime over the weekend I'm taking the car to work so I can use the air tools and get it up in the air and re stone chip the arches and fit the top mounts, camber bolts, new wings and just give the car a clean up ready to paint it.

Also fitted my ao48's on the super t's and they fit nice so will be ordering another pair of them also going to try them on the car to see what they look like pics as soon as they're on :) haha

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
so over the weekend i fitted my topmounts and my new wings and also my camber bolts,
028-5_zps2d1306d7.jpg

had to take the metal back 5 mm so i could get them to fit tidy it looks a bit messy in the pics but that will be sorted soon enough

fitted my tyres to the new track wheels
018-1_zps2d19f8e6.jpg

017-2_zps6cf03910.jpg

also fitted my new/second hand genuine wings not really a fan of the rolled/flared ones that are were on there (only tidy pic of wings i had the pair so there is 1 the other side obviously lol) and tidied up all the panel gaps it was just thrown together so i could take it to inters last year.

041-1_zpsa2941099.jpg

i also still have a problem that has been beating me the last few months and that is that the passenger front wheel sticks out quite a bit further than the drivers side and ive swapped loads of things over to make it somewhat better but with no luck ive swapped the bottom arms, balljoints, track rod ends, new coilovers, camber top mounts, camber bolts and it still does it all the parts i used were genuine parts apart from the coils + camber stuff!!!

drivers side: sits perfect nice camber no contact with a standard arch the old ones were flared and rubbed a little i much prefer the standard wings i fitted to the rolled/flared
044-3_zpsc9134106.jpg

040-1_zps0bc2679f.jpg

passenger side: well the pics will show how bad it is
045-2_zpsbc9c7f9e.jpg

037-1_zps21ced38d.jpg

038-1_zps69a593d6.jpg

so the only other problems i can think of is either swapping the hubs and buying new genuine hubs from tps and see if that works or maybe the driveshafts arent genuine and could be a tad longer than need to be?? im stumped and need some help if anyone has encountered this problem before?

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
Ground it with a die grinder in work but it was an oval bit needs a small flap wheel on there to tidy it up next but ill sort that in the week,

I did drop the subframe a few years back but I'm running hubs I bought powder coated I'm thinking it may be non genuine hub on 1 side that might be the culprit?

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
so bumping this back up as ive now got around to sorting the car out and ive ordered some rear 1/4 carbon door cards aswel as a boot cover to match my fronts that i have and now is the time i think to get it all painted and finished so watch this space :)

also sorted the hub out as it was bent in the end i fitted an old hub with a ruinned bearing just to see if it was bent and the angle of the wheel showed it was so i had a new bearing pressed in and now i have matching camber so now the car should handle well just need to get these bits now for the car if anyone can help

engine loom from the round plug to coils etc
oil
filter
water pipe to turbo
stubby mirror
vibratechnics rear beam bushes
neuspeed 28mm rear anti roll bar to match my front one
and some mark 2 ibiza door pull cables as my carbon fibre door cards will need to use them as the handle is further back

and some bits and bobs to freshen the 'ol girl up

Last edited:

davepm-mk3

Sep 17, 2012
Just read through this pal! Cracking job! I'm a panel beater too and currently reapraying my ibiza with wider arches, lot of work so I feel your pain! Bet that's a monster with the bt setup! Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.