Been a member a year - might aswell post now I've got a Seat!

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Hello all - I'm Tony from Northampton.

I did try to do a detailed first post, but it wont allow me to add IMG's as they are links, and I need 15 posts first :(

Anyway, now a proud Leon FR TFSI owner.

:p

Last edited:

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
This is what I was going to write before I realised I couldn't post links!!

......................................................................................

Thought I'd post and introduce myself.

My names Tony, and I live in Northampton, and have been a VW (and VAG) fan for years.

Over the years I've had more MK2 Golfs than I can count, Including a Jetta that I converted to VR6.

PmFWwfw.jpg

And this 90 spec mk2 I also converted to VR6 running the full widetrack setup that was my daily hack for nearly 3 years.

9rQ0By3.jpg

usiGxXs.jpg

I then bought an Audi B5 S4 that put out 337hp/362lbft. I also lost my license in this car and got banned for just over 16 months! :(

hyfRRSN.jpg

LyHXpDO.jpg

iDST5JX.jpg

Mrs bought this in the mean time and loved it until the box started to slip... Have to say how well these little things handle - you can fling them anywhere!

o8oM42s.jpg

Anyway, after getting my license back at the start of July I bought a Skoda Octavia VRS TDI:

I3rWR8I.jpg

b6kCNNL.jpg

PpuzAi3.jpg

Then sold for a little profit and bought the following -

A 330d!

zuYtrs2.jpg

kgCCnuv.jpg

:D

Then Swapped it for a Seat leon FR TFSI - DSG, which the Mrs also drives. (this makes it the 3rd car in a month of being back on the road! haha)

The day after I swapped -

XvMJpuE.jpg

And during a well needed clean/detail -

5AGyypk.jpg

ej4Gc3E.jpg

Got the Lad hoovering too :)

Buqnuke.jpg

8WVM9Pt.jpg

sHqjb4u.jpg

Sorry it got dark after that, so didn't manage to get any more updated pics. Plus it needs one more coat of SRP, and some wax to seal it.

Anyway, a few niggles, but overall I'm very happy. It handles very well, in fact better than the wallowy beemer! And it feels like your playing an Xbox game using the flappy paddles, coming in and out of corners!

I absolutely adore the DSG box, and I hated Auto's before. I have to say I'm converted!

:rofl:

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Bugger - double post.

Forum running slow :p

Last edited:

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Think I may have found the previous owner on here :)

Will do some research and post up my results haha.

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
I think this is the man! :D

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/member.php?u=31375

In fact, 99% sure now, same colour and mods/options...

Would also explain why I cannot read the ECU with my MPPS cable, as it has been remapped by REVO, (who stop people like me (home tinkerers!) from reading and flashing the ECU with cheap tools), but is only showing standard boost pressure etc.

Looks like previous owner turned the map to stock settings with the SPS switch, so hopefully I can find someone with an SPS unit, and switch it back on!!

Last edited:

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Thanks buddy. See your reasonably local to me, we should have a meet up sometime... Its been years since I've been to a car meet, and talked with like minded people.

:)

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
I worked out from logs from VCDS that it was only asking for standard boost pressure. However, previous owner had it mapped using REVO, and my MPPS cable couldn't read it so it must have been flashed by a tuner that stops others from reading their files.

Northampton Motorsport have just charged me a tenner to turn back on the map the previous owner turned off!

:D

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
It is now as quick as it should have been when it left the factory haha.

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Treated the car to a service the other day. Oil and filter using VW's finest.

We have just come back from a week in skegness with the kiddies.

Mrs' Beetle (a bargain at £650) -

5FgIjhi.jpg

And half decent MPG on the way up (not brilliant by any means though, as was averaging 60mph most of the way so a pretty boring drive!!)

99 miles door to door -

vCmd79J.jpg

Outside the rented van, and also removed the tacky Nurburgring sticker too!

VJSrz1g.jpg

Oh and fresh carbon font (legal) number plates fitted before leaving.

ZxgJBm7.jpg

Just cracked 58k

8mzU7U5.jpg

And the total average MPG over the 6 days...

wH2fRzu.jpg

29.1 mpg over 300 miles. Should have done a brim to brim check, but to be honest I'm still a little disappointed.

For comparison, we done the very same journey for a long weekend in Skeggy a few years back in my MK2 Golf I converted to 2.8 VR6, and that managed 41mpg on the way up, and 37mpg over the complete weekend trip!! Quite astounding for a 2.8 litre 6 pot designed in the 1980's!! Sort of makes me wonder where VW got it wrong with the TFSI.

Only gripe at the moment is the Fuel Economy, but apart from that I'm still very much in love with the car for the time being...

A few more Service bits that weren't completed before the trip (The Mann Filters are for the Father in Law's Corsa) -

zO7XlYl.jpg

DSG oil and filter. New 6.6bar fuel filter, new cam follower and BKR7EIX Iridium sparks too.

The jury is out on this oil though -

NsiIF4H.jpg

I think I'll be returning it tomorrow, and getting some genuine stuff from TPS, but will try and do some research before hand first.

And...

I also ordered the missing jacking covers for the K1 Sideskirts, only £13 a pop from TPS each, so quite cheap.

More to follow :)

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
I also ordered a S2000 filter from GSF without realising just how big the damn thing is!!

n6Evnls.jpg

qiClGNw.jpg

But as I desperately need to replace my rusty aftermarket one, and this being only £18 is a very cost effective option. I also had to buy a reducer from ebay (90mm/70mm) and will have to lose the shielding but for £40 all in its still a bargain, and readily available to be replaced as a serviceable part in the future too.

I will get some pics once fitted, and will also try my hand at making a home made heatshield / cold air duct too.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.