Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!

tundrarocks

Dec 21, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Had mine done a little while ago. Seat uk customer service was excellent. Unfortunately the garage wasn't and it took 3 day to get my car back! Least I had a nice new leon with all the toys to play with !

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Booked in for Monday 9am at Motorvogue Seat Northampton. Thanks for the heads up - I was contemplating buying a repair kit as well!!

Will keep you posted on how this goes :)

And repaired free of charge today, with a brake fluid change and free wash too :)

:D

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Ahhhh.... Love forums!

Just Vag-com'ed the stuck ABS light for a G201 - electrical code. I'll pay a visit to seat on monday :)

Cheers folks

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Ahhhh.... Love forums!

Just Vag-com'ed the stuck ABS light for a G201 - electrical code. I'll pay a visit to seat on monday :)

Cheers folks

Phone Seat on 0500 222 222 first to confirm everything. They will contact your local dealer and pre-warn them first

:)

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Haven't had this (had fault where the Abs light came on for no reason and refused to go away, free quid to get SEAT to clear the fault and replace new rear sensors) but great info just in case.

Thanks for sharing.

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
Yes. I paid nothing whatsoever for the diagnostic, or the repair.

thanks. apart from the g201 fault what else could possibly cause the traction light to come on and stay on?
ive recently had my tracking done and the steering is slightly off center i dont know if that could possibly cause it to come on.
sorry for the questions just trying to rule out a few minors before taking it in.

Last edited:

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Not sure to be honest. Obviously wheel speed sensors, or ABS unit as they are part of the traction control system, but seeing as you've had your tracking done and its come on since, could it be steering angle sensor?

Only clear cut way of telling is scanning with Vagcom.

Last edited:

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Welll.. Customer services were on the ball, 2 minute call to confirm.

Dealer screamed and kicked and denied all knowledge, checked recalls etc on the computer, said without a service history it wouldn't happen either. Finally they called customer services, and although they still haven't accepted it yet, they were made aware. :)

Been asked to call back in a bit while they check something - undoubtedly seeing if there is any way out of it.

Cheers guys

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Wouldn't use them then. They will probably make a half arsed job of it. Kept my car three days when they found out they had to do mine for free

Agreed - explain to Seat UK. Tell them you will take to another dealer.

I dropped my car off at 8.30am and got it back washed and ready at about 1pm, so its only half a days work maximum!

tundrarocks

Dec 21, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Didn't wash or vacuum mine either in fact I'm sure they had been using it to drive around in as it was covered in muck. Told seat uk I was less than happy when they did the follow up phone call. Only good things were that they did the work for free and I had a new leon for 3 days.

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Well, finally getting somewhere with mine. Took over two weeks to get it booked in and scanned, but I was pretty busy so didn't chase them so can't grumble really.

Anyway, fault confirmed, but they are saying something about two different causes, and mines the hydraulic cylinder(?). Wasn't properly explained, nor did I ask for one at this stage, so just waiting till Seat give them the nod or not.

In fairness to the dealer, the scan was done very quickly, they refused payment for it at this stage, and cars been washed n vacuumed.

Hopefully this is covered, as think the price they had written was around £1170, whereas the other cause of the code was written as £167 (repair kit?). Or possibly the smaller cost is for the sensor on the updated part, they one that isn't a nightmare.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I have had a problem I suspect is the same issue, the three dash lights (intermitten though) and non functioning esp. The light no longer comes on and I do get loss of traction. The button does nothing much, just switches the light on the dash.

Mine is in on monday, seat uk have confirmed they will cover the cost if it is the G201, dealer was unaware of the issue. Problem is, it if isn't the G201, it will cost me 70quid.

Would have thought a service would include the diagnostic but no, it does not...

Fingers crossed that the sensor is at fault and I can get it sorted.

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Sounds like an ABS sensor or the likes. I had one go very recently and it was a different code, at least 2 lights on the dash and def not the G201. Does anyone know have Vagcom or maybe check the list and see if someone local can scan for you?

I've only got the traction control light on just now - car skidding one.

It does sound to me like you might be getting a £70 bill

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Sounds like an ABS sensor or the likes. I had one go very recently and it was a different code, at least 2 lights on the dash and def not the G201. Does anyone know have Vagcom or maybe check the list and see if someone local can scan for you?

I've only got the traction control light on just now - car skidding one.

It does sound to me like you might be getting a £70 bill

Oh dear, not what I wanted to hear.... car is with the dealer for a minor service anyway and had to drop the car off already, so too late now. My fault is consistent with some other descriptions of the G201 fault, except that the lights are not on permanently.

Just so I know, what was the cost of the abs sensor replacement?

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Hopefully is g201, fingers crossed!

I just cleaned up my sensor and its working so no replacement needed, there is one on ebay for £9 tho, dealer maybe £70-90 fitted at a guess??

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Hopefully is g201, fingers crossed!

I just cleaned up my sensor and its working so no replacement needed, there is one on ebay for £9 tho, dealer maybe £70-90 fitted at a guess??

Thanks, worst case scenario is I get stung for a service, diagnostic and then have to take it elsewhere as I have a warranty from the garage I bought the car from. I thought I would go to the dealer as the warranty is up to the value of the car only and a g201 repair is a big chunk of that value, unless the dealer does it for free.

The other thing is the garage is 30miles away.....

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Just went to pick the Mrs lad up from work, and I had the brake light flash at me 3 times with a beep.

Checked fluids when I pulled over and found the brake fluid is low, and the ABS unit has been leaking from the connections on top!!

Not impressed if I'm honest! I'll have a closer look tomorrow morning.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.