Drivers window/central locking

tom t

Feb 12, 2011
Help!! Lol had some trouble free motoring in the new altea all until now
I got in the car the other night and my drivers side window switches wouldn't open the front windows (rears have winders) but that fixed itself after the car was stopped an started again.

Now the windows have stopped working again. But the passenger side still operates from it's own switch.

Also the central locking buttons inside the car near the armrest do not work.

The central locking didn't work yesterday either. I have since disconnected the battery. Which has now allowed me to use the central locking.

But it does not operate the front drivers side central locking. Which I have to lock/unlock manually now. I'm thinking this points to.,.?? Earn yeah actually not sure lol.

Really need to get it fixed fairly sharp as I hate driving without fresh air lol!!

Cheers

tom t

Feb 12, 2011
Also my interior lights would stay on if I don't turn them off before I lock the car. Is it worth trying to scan the car so you think? The drivers door makes no noises like it's trying to lock or anything? Is there a control module/relay which is just for the drivers door anywhere? Cheers

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
Might be worth getting codes scanned. As I recall, the driver's door lock module can cause central locking issues, but not windows. So it could be a dodgy electrical connection into the driver's door. Or at worst, the central convenience module.

tom t

Feb 12, 2011
Hmm I wana cry it's so complicated lol!! Hope it's not the ccm. Where is that located? Also my window switch on the drivers door does not illuminate when the lights are on! Thanks for the reply bud.

morton1972

window pain

HI ,try looking in the inside of the drivers door near the hinges there is a rubber seal ,gently uncover this with a screwdriver there are connecting wires there that break over time ,i had the same problem,i just extended the wires with solder and connectors,hope this helps

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
Do you know how the wiring connectors are separated between the door and the pillar?

My g/f's Altea has all door functions working except for the speakers. Quite annoying!

morton1972

not easy

im afraid this isnt going to be easy you will have to dismantle the door ,once you take off the door panel there are about 8 screws some are hidden start at the speaker cover pull it off ,then at the handle prise the the small panel there ,there are a couple of screws there ,disconnect the electric windows and lift up the panel ,once this is off look inside you should see were the connections is . It is tricky to get at but if you take it to a garage they could charge at least £250 to do it ,hope this helps

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members