Black Mk2 seat leon cupra,Rtech Tuned TTE420, 443bhp???

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hello all. So yesterday afternoon I made the trip upto Rochdale from Bath. I was going up to pick the rear bumper up from jake. Now I never expected it to take 5 hours to get there. I sat in very bad traffic for around 100 miles of the 400 mile trip. Anyway i did finally reach Rochdale to meet jake, very sound guy and did a fantastic job on the bumper.

After finally waking up today, I managed to get the bumper fitted. Looks so good. Really pleased with it :)

Also this cupra bumper with lcr diffuser is now forsale. Contact me by pm.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Looks mint does that. Was there any need to adjust the exhaust

So pleased with how it looks.
No need to adjust the exhaust, it was already set 10mm lower for the other diffuser, yours it fitted exactly the same so saved any messing about.
Wasn't pleasant pulling the bumper off, your tip with the flat head screw driver worked a treat and no damage

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Ok so final preparations before tuning next week. So I replaced my spark plugs.
Anyway i pulled the coilpacks out and discovered that one was saturated in water and very rusty.
So cleaned the coil pack up, sucked the water out from around the old spark plug, then refitted 4 new plugs. As safety I ordered 4 new red top coil packs from alex at aks.
Final job is to add some actuator preload :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Ok so yesterday my fresh coil packs arrived from aks. I got these fitted straight away.

I then set about giving the car a much needed clean and wax, all in prep for mapping on friday.

This morning I was booked in at infinity exhaust, they were fitting some new Powerflex dogbone mounts, front and rear. Infinity are now Powerflex dealers now so quite handy.

And to my surprise, I had no idea they took this photo, by far my favourite :) only saw it when I had a notification on Facebook from the infinity exhaust page

Can't wait for tomorrow, I'm like a kid at Christmas

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hey all, update time :)

So last Friday was remap time. I had to get upto r te ch for 12 o'clock. Which was tricky as traffic wasn't kind.
Anyway I got there bang on 12 :)

Niki worked his magic even though I had a slight boost control issue.

My car did smoke a little bit which was strange and alarming but luckily it was a easy fix. I over filled the oil. Always tricky when living on a slope. Drained the excess and smoke has stopped thankfully.

The results of the day were good but could have been a little better, Niki believes my intercooler is choking top end flow, just like a s3 cooler and power drops at a certain rpm.

360bhp and 395ftlb. Torque I'm more than happy with, 10bhp more would be perfect. My car absolutely flys and really gives me that rush, especially when driving on the country roads :)
It's a seriously fast car now and love it.

Massive thanks to niki for his hard work and putting up with grumpy me as I wasn't feeling too well.

So the good news is, I'm chasing numbers and can continue messing with the car :)

So first thing I'm doing is changing the fmic for a diy custom wellycooler setup. All the bits have been ordered but only the cooler it's self has turned up.

And me being me I had to spray it black

Can't do too much until the other bits have arrived.

Couple of weeks ago I ordered a sjcam. Basically a gopro rip off. However this thing is ace. Full hd recording and 12mp camera. Wifi edition. Also the gopro accessories fit.

Very impressed with the quality. £83 for the sjcam, loads of accessories, 2 batteries and 32gb sd card. Can't complain.

Just need to figure out the best place to upload my videos but keeping full hd quality. Maybe one of you guys know?

Last edited:

Rikman

Sep 13, 2014
Loving what you've done so far, looks awesome!

How are you finding the stereo/sat nav unit now, still going strong? I'm about to pull the trigger on buying one, so would appreciate a little feedback after you've been using it for a while :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Loving what you've done so far, looks awesome!

How are you finding the stereo/sat nav unit now, still going strong? I'm about to pull the trigger on buying one, so would appreciate a little feedback after you've been using it for a while :)

Thanks dude. Still loving the head unit. Couldn't praise it enough :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hello all. At last i finally managed to finish fitting my custom fmic kit, after a 3 week delay on the hoses. When i was waiting i thought it would be rude not to add a water methnol injection kit :) bruce from devils own hooked me up.

I went for the basic 6-30 psi kit, i decided the large tfsi washer tank is more than good enough.

Here is a few pictures of the work i have recently done. My aim was to keep the intercooler and wmi as stealth as possible. This normally means its a much trickier install, i think i did a good job.

Meth install

Hiding the boost switch

All finished

The difference in performance is night and day, effortless power :)

I also have a custom 3.5" downpipe being made by infinity exhausts. Not sure what else i can do now, i plan to carry out a full paint correction and detail session soon.
Thanks for looking.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.