Stage 2 remap mods

pandamin

Sep 1, 2014
Bucks
They do... in the description ;)

Next problem... the remap guy has the same car as me... apparently for the intercooler to fit I need to upgrade to cupra bumpers?! Is this a problem other people have had?

Roffel

Dutch Newbie
Jan 6, 2011
Netherlands
www.teamibiza.net
As said in your other topic, take a look at a darkside of airtec FMIC. Those are cheaper and are welded aswell.
If you go stage 2, a customized chip is way better!
If you still have the 288mm brakes a upgrade to the cupra/audi TT 312mms should be preferable.

pandamin

Sep 1, 2014
Bucks
So because I'm total amateur to all of this... what is a customized chip? If the garage guy said he'd fiddle the remap to include the FMIC after it's installed does that make it custom? As he's mapping to include the mods I have?

If 288mm brakes are standard then yep still have those! Will add this to the list of things to do. I'm sure by the end of this stage 2 remap upgrading bits.. it would have been more cost effective to just buy a new and better car hah.

DanHX

Oct 7, 2013
So because I'm total amateur to all of this... what is a customized chip? If the garage guy said he'd fiddle the remap to include the FMIC after it's installed does that make it custom? As he's mapping to include the mods I have?

If 288mm brakes are standard then yep still have those! Will add this to the list of things to do. I'm sure by the end of this stage 2 remap upgrading bits.. it would have been more cost effective to just buy a new and better car hah.

Yes, as its not just a generic map for all cars. Whether he's any good at it or not will remain to be seen.

That's generally the way of these things! You'll not get the money back on the mods when you sell the car either.

By the time I've finished I'll have spent ~£4000, a few months work, and have a car worth very little in its complete state! It will look like any other car too... but it will be a car I built, all the suspension will be new, engine will be a low miler and it will go like stink :) When I come to sell it then I will rip it to pieces and sell them.

pandamin

Sep 1, 2014
Bucks
Fingers crossed he's good at it then! Yea I know, my bro said the same when i mentioned I wanted stage 2. I'm not planning on selling anytime soon though. :) love my car.

Sounds like the best kind of car to have to me. if something goes wrong you'll know exactly what it is... in theory. Good plan!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.