Wiring problems

Jordanlewis_

Apr 25, 2014
Yesterday my engine management light came on so i phoned the RAC out and it turned out to be my H02 S heater control circuit and my O2 S heater open circuit. I was told they were both on the same wire. Would anyone reckon it's best getting the wire checked/replaced? Also my reverse light isn't working, had the bulb changed and it wasn't that. I was recommended that it was maybe the switch but after yesterday about my sensors I'm starting to think my car has a wiring problem.

Any thoughts?

It's a 2010 seat ibiza tsi sport

Last edited:

Mr_sport

Sep 4, 2014
Glasgow
mmmm.... think it may be a trip to the work shop pal. sorry i cant think of anything else apart from is that the circuits may be fried :s

Jordanlewis_

Apr 25, 2014
mmmm.... think it may be a trip to the work shop pal. sorry i cant think of anything else apart from is that the circuits may be fried :s

Tbh I was gonna leave it till next month as the lights been switched off and I have my MOT. Maybe they could find something that's causing it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
In my experience, the Lambda sensor heater circuit problem is usually a failed sensor, you will need to know which one it is though as there will be a pre and post cat one. Also, it usually works out cheaper to buy the correct brand, ie NTK as fitted at factory.

I can't comment about the reversing light being a requirement for MOT though.

Back to Lambda sensor problem, this will force the warning light on which should lead to a failure at MOT time. You say "they switched the light off" - the fault might be intermittent and so not there right now, so they could switch the light off by clearing the stored fault code, but it will come back on again.

Jordanlewis_

Apr 25, 2014
In my experience, the Lambda sensor heater circuit problem is usually a failed sensor, you will need to know which one it is though as there will be a pre and post cat one. Also, it usually works out cheaper to buy the correct brand, ie NTK as fitted at factory.

I can't comment about the reversing light being a requirement for MOT though.

Back to Lambda sensor problem, this will force the warning light on which should lead to a failure at MOT time. You say "they switched the light off" - the fault might be intermittent and so not there right now, so they could switch the light off by clearing the stored fault code, but it will come back on again.

The guy didn't say if it was the pre or post. I know the reverse light is a failure. I was advised it was the switch and if not that it would be the wire. The guy cleared the codes and said when it comes back on to take it to the garage to get it checked out. But it hasn't since. Is it best getting both sensors changed and to see if it clears?

Deleted member 67732

the reverse lights are not included in the mot.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise