Custom exhaust

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
In need of a very fast reply as my car is in this afternoon!!
This afternoon I am having a custom exhaust on my PD170 FR, complete straight through system and they have given me the choice between 2.25" or 2.5" pipe, I know the non resonated milltek systems are 2.75" so I was edging toward the 2.5" but everyone I have spoken too is telling me to go for the 2.25" as the 2.5" will put too much strain on my turbo etc... Has anyone had any experience, also if I do go for he 2.25" will it restrict anything when I then come to mapping it in a few months time?? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

dannyboi91

Jun 23, 2014
Scotland, Fife
Am I not correct in saying that a diesel works well with pressure so I think the smaller the pipe the better? May be completely wrong but I am sure I seen this somewhere.

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Am I not correct in saying that a diesel works well with pressure so I think the smaller the pipe the better? May be completely wrong but I am sure I seen this somewhere.

This is why I needed advice... Confused now haha

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Went for the 2.5" in the end, they have done a great job but car doesn't sound any different!! Need the DPF out as soon as possible

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
I don't think the exhaust note will change at all, I've got my dpf removed and it still sounds the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think the exhaust note will change at all, I've got my dpf removed and it still sounds the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was hoping for a bit of turbo noise with a complete straight through and no DPF?? Have you got any silencers in your exhaust??

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
rear backbox is still on but these engines need a bigger downpipe for the exhaust note to change significantly or so I've been told. I'll be looking to remove my backbox soon as it's had it's day so if your getting your dpf removed anytime soon post up a video of the noise as I'm quite keen to hear how it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Okay I will do, it won't be any time soon like because you need it mapping out and I'm still saving and looking for a decent mapper that's reasonably priced!!

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
How much did you pay for your exhaust if you don't mind me asking? Have you got any photos?

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Cat back system, could choose the size of piping and whichever tailpipe, I payed £220, will get some pics posted later today

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
imagejpg1_zpsc466bc4f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Those tailpipes are smart mind, wouldn't mind something like that for mine, really nice mate.