my new tdi cupra

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Woo found out how to snapshot on the phone, here's some Torque pro pics of a run any advice on readings anything off?

tu6y5ymu.jpg

7e2asa3a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
Is that 3rd flat out? No way do you have 4 psi at full chat unless something is broken or not reading read on that app, 4-6psi is cruising pressures.

A 130 will feel faster as it spools up quicker, but you'll hold the torque for longer than the little 130 snail turbo.

If yours is slower then maybe the map needs a tweak? Without seeing it I can't help with that or vcds logs I can't say much more

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Hey Adam good to see your back mate, my highest boost pressure was 21.3 in third gear flat out, that sound right? I can't get the HP to work on torque app just says no data :(

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
Always about just lurking in the background.

Doesn't sound very high only 1.46bar, but these apps refresh so slow on these ecus so unsure that's right pressure, best to use vcds mate

Have you checked all your boost pipes are seated correctly and not half hanging out?

Last edited:

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Done that all yesterday, I have a few pics on what I took off and cleaned. Anyone have any ideas on what my boost isn't at full chat! What should the pd150s get to (psi/bar)?
zebuqedy.jpg

7e2edyby.jpg

y8ydusub.jpg

be6ade6y.jpg

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Yeah 21.3 bar, 4.0 psi is the highest I can get it, I'm using my pro torque app with a rooted nexus 5 so I changed the commands of the phone to put all its beans into fast transfer for the app. Could my turbo be goosed :( would this affect it?

qu5udaje.jpg

Last edited:

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Few peeps have asked to see my finished cluster in my avatar close up :) Please could mods move this/my thread to readers rides, as a thick ass me put it here oops, cheers.

4yby5une.jpg

qenazaqa.jpg

pu8aqabu.jpg

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Hey guys just thought I'd put some pics up of my work on the 225 steering wheel I grabbed from here a week back.
I used hardly any of the repair kit so if anyone is interested in buying it I'll be popping it on parts for sale tomorrow. Thanks all. :)

As it stood when received

tyqe5y5a.jpg

avu6e4ut.jpg

ba9a6e9u.jpg

ypubudy5.jpg

netasygy.jpg

First repair

3ebyvuva.jpg

byzyvene.jpg

4 hours later all done with a satin finish

9yvu6ara.jpg

bamebeju.jpg

hybutumu.jpg

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Just coding my females mirrors and done mine in ford magnum grey, but now I'm completely stumped on which ones to have!! Any views peeps? Thanks.

je8asy5y.jpg

8eta9ety.jpg

qazemasa.jpg

8e8ysa6a.jpg

Mar 7, 2011
Plymouth
I believe that is the same one that the Golf Mk5 uses. Anything is an improvement on the standard component, unless you like the juddering wiper of course!

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Err wtf!! Anyone know why my pads are wearing massively from the top and not bottom? Here's some pics.

gahegave.jpg

2u2eju2e.jpg

Last edited:

slugmaster100

Jan 25, 2014
Brake pads have tapered edges from new on both the leading and trailing edges, or at least genuine ones do. So long as the overall depth of the pads wear more or less equally side to side and inner & outer pads, that is normal and nothing to worry about.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Really!! Sorry guys but it can't be right surely, look at the brand new disc its already got some sort of mark on them, also the inner of the discs haven't been touched with the pad only the top.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise