Original CD player

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
Has anyone successfully added an aux cable to the CD01 unit?

I gave up with the RCD fitment in the end.

I have a cable for an RCD and comparing the 2 stereos I had to move the Pins around, but having got this done and also have CD changer activated with VAGCOM I still have no sound.

Think I may have the wrong pin positions, anyone able to help me. I have pictures of what I have done.

Help, I really want to use my ipod and not go back in time ripping audio CDs again!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Hi Jay, looks like you've explored a few options, so looking to piggy-back on the info you've sourced already...

Have you tried using a quad lock connector Aux in cable?

Seen mention of an Aux in tick box that needs activating with VAGCom ...presume this is on the same screen as the CD option (?)

I notice (on eBay) there are headunits with CD/AUX on the front ...do you know if these have later firmware or something that mean they can take an Aux in, but ours can't ?

If I swapped one of these for my current unit, would I need a code (how do you even enter the code??) and still need to activate the settings in VAGCom perhaps (?)

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
Hiya mate, I did try using a quadlock connector, which successfully worked on the 310 unit, but the pins are in different places within the connector on the original Altea unit.

I did try and move the pins around to where I thought they would work but no joy. I didn't have the time or patience to stick with it, as we have a new baby!
In section 56 of vagcom is the radio settings, I either activated aux or cd changer, as it is the cd changer socket effectively, where you are putting the aux cable. It did let me cycle to CDC for changer, but I am not sure if the unit doesn't like the cable or if I screwed the pin allocation up.
This was for my car which has since become the g/f's car, she's not too fussed with it all, she's happy to listen to the radio drivel, so until she complains I will leave it.

I have just bought myself a Sport version, which interestingly, has an aftermarket ipod connection fitted.
I think this is a box in behind the glovebox / dash as the Sport stereo still only has the CD button, not CD/AUX.

I was trying to do it on the cheap, I'd suggest for less stress you buy one of the aux kits for about £30 and fit it, probably still need to activate the aux though I'm not sure.

Maybe someone else can chip in.

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
I'm in the same boat of trying to get an aux or ipod connection into the standard Altea 2006 tdi sport headunit. Does anyone have any success stories?

adestu

Sep 22, 2015
Another alternative is to have a parrot mki handsfree kit which has ipod,usb and 3.6mm jack options. If you then wire it so you use the direct inputs from the kit the phone +and phone- inputs on the head unit your media will use the radio amp and steering controls.

adestu

Sep 22, 2015
I dont but have a look on the parott website.youll need what is call a sot lead to access the power side.you may have to find a separate ignition supply depending on the oe kit.the parrot kit had a green and a brown wire pair.this is your direct input to the oe equipment.i would advise the correct pins to do the connection.
You could probably get one on ebay.im more than happy to do a photo tutorial as i need to do the same on mine with the added wiring for muting when in reverse.

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
If you are going to do it any way I would be really interested to see how it works and how easy it is. Will check out the Parrot kit on line. I've seen a lot of people using connects 2 leads. Do you know if that would work on the standard Altea stereo that doesn't have the Aux input?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.