Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Just went to pick the Mrs lad up from work, and I had the brake light flash at me 3 times with a beep.

Checked fluids when I pulled over and found the brake fluid is low, and the ABS unit has been leaking from the connections on top!!

Not impressed if I'm honest! I'll have a closer look tomorrow morning.

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
MJ - where did you hear about this being done free, and can you confirm it was regardless of age and mileage? What was seats motivation for covering it, was it VOSA prompted or something?

Dealers trying to stiff me saying its not covered due to cars mileage.

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Ah good man, thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I'll get onto them as soon as I can!

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Dealer still says no, and were quite rude with me and started whining about wasted man hours. Not my fault or course and unimpressed.

Said its only covered up to 6 years, and that seat are the ones who wont give them authorisation. Waiting for another call that probably wont turn up.

Affects 06 07 and 08 cars, bulletin issued april12 regarding it, guess you wouldn't get any cars that were over 6 years old on an 06 plate in april 12, maybe thats whats causing the issue and how the dealers refusing.

tundrarocks

Dec 21, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Sounds like it's a dealer that's only just started doing vag cars. Seat uk were really good and kept telling the dealer what had to be done. When I told seat uk it took 3 days to fix the car they were less than impressed and we're going to get in touch with the dealer.
If the dealer gets lippy and saying wasted man hours. Remind them about the hours you're wasting trying to do their job. They lose nothing because they claim it back off seat uk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members