My Ibiza is ver-y sick! :-(

joebailie

Comber Man
Jan 5, 2005
Northern Ireland
So my 2.0 TDI FR Ibiza went back to the stealers under warranty, symptoms were being very juddery and hesitant when cold and this got worse and eventually the coil light comes on and sometimes the esp.
After a bit of looking around on here I had thought maybe duff coil packs, egr or maf. Anyway it went in to the stealers and they don't have a clue whats wrong with it.:confused:
At the start they thought it was a wiring issue and tried to fix that with no joy. They've changed sensors, reset ecu, and going through a checklist sent to them by seat saying the problem is "unique" to my car.:wtf:

They've had it 2 weeks and I have a ropey courtesy car, basically im paying £180 a month for my car which I don't have at the min and just wonder where I stand with all this? Can't help it feel I've been done out of £90 so far. :shrug:

Thanks in Advance,
Andy

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
So my 2.0 TDI FR Ibiza went back to the stealers under warranty, symptoms were being very juddery and hesitant when cold and this got worse and eventually the coil light comes on and sometimes the esp.
After a bit of looking around on here I had thought maybe duff coil packs, egr or maf. Anyway it went in to the stealers and they don't have a clue whats wrong with it.:confused:
At the start they thought it was a wiring issue and tried to fix that with no joy. They've changed sensors, reset ecu, and going through a checklist sent to them by seat saying the problem is "unique" to my car.:wtf:

They've had it 2 weeks and I have a ropey courtesy car, basically im paying £180 a month for my car which I don't have at the min and just wonder where I stand with all this? Can't help it feel I've been done out of £90 so far. :shrug:

Thanks in Advance,
Andy

just let em try and fix it, enjoy the curtosy car :whistle: its free mileage.

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your car man. I've never really heard of any issues with the 2.0 cr. It probably isn't much of a solution, but terra clean get a good rep over here, and although their services wouldn't cure the esp, a good clean out might help with the lumpiness and cold start issues. Hope you get something sorted.

joebailie

Comber Man
Jan 5, 2005
Northern Ireland
That's the thing, the courtesy car is wick, stains on the seats, wing mirror knob missing, something missing from middle of the dash and it wouldn't pull a cap of yer head. Plus they still gotta stick miles on the motor every test run the do each day. I know I sound like a grouchy git but it's been eating at me not having the car I want.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
What dealers is it? Stuttering would seem like a fuelling issue. As to whether it's caused by and electrical or mechanical fault would be difficult to conclude without hands on it. I got a courtesy car from roadside motors twice, warranty jobs so I wasn't going to fix it myself, and they were nice and clean. The Citroen C4 they gave me felt very delicate and I was glad to give it back before it broke :). Hope you get her sorted soon.

joebailie

Comber Man
Jan 5, 2005
Northern Ireland
Thanks PAV, it's Ladas Drive in Belfast, Northern Ireland and to be honest they have been pretty good with my immediate family so far and we're prob on our 11th or 12th car with the same crowd but now just seems to be a lot of "we think" and "it may be..." They've said they're getting advice from the testing folk at seat and are going through a "checklist" of what to try. I let them know what state the courtesy car was in first before they thought I'd trashed it!:lol:

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
No problem. There checklist will probably involve going on runs and performing logs which they observe for fuel injection quantities and more, can't remember right now. These values will then lead them to focus on what is causing the problem be it faulty injector or worn cam lobes, just examples.

joebailie

Comber Man
Jan 5, 2005
Northern Ireland
Got the car back and all seems well again! They said it was some wiring just off the engine loom that had chaffed causing the issue, they were pretty good with me from a cust services point of view as well with a free touch paint and most likely next service free as well.

Happy I'm back on the road with this motor!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Got the car back and all seems well again! They said it was some wiring just off the engine loom that had chaffed causing the issue, they were pretty good with me from a cust services point of view as well with a free touch paint and most likely next service free as well.

Happy I'm back on the road with this motor!

Any chance you can find out exactly where the wires chaffed so us fellow TDi owners can check for it ?

Cheers

joebailie

Comber Man
Jan 5, 2005
Northern Ireland
Will double check that with the guys at the dealership, waiting on a call re warranty from them and no im thinking I need the paperwork for the repair. To be fair they said the problem was unique to my car hence taking so long to resolve it.

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
I'm having issues with a Polo GTI with the oil consumption issue at the moment. This had lead to it eating a spark plug and dropping compression in one of the cylinders. This is slightly beside the point, but I have done a bit of research into my legal standpoint on it, and found these two nuggets:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engla...you_bought_e/the_car_you_bought_is_faulty.htm

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/how-to-complain-about-a-second-hand-car-to-a-dealer

In a nutshell, if you are on HP finance, you have the right to reject the car and demand either a full or partial refund (depending on condition and usage of the car) for the duration of the agreement.

In fact you can exercise the Sale of Goods Act for up to 6 years after the purchase, but it becomes harder the longer you leave it.

Have a read and see what applies to your situation mate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.